Hardcore Sledder banner

4141 - 4160 of 4175 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 850 Pro S SB. 2006 600 Fusion
5,946 Posts
is yours an 850?
This one and the previous one are both 850's. My 2016 was an 800. This new one hauls the mail!! Way stronger than my '19, even with the 2020 engine. I'm pretty sure the newest flash has something to do with it. There's a few threads about this new version. Ride an 800 side by side with the older one, and you can tell there was a difference... more midrange, and didn't need to be wound up tight to perform... but now it's another step up from that. It's crazy!!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
This one and the previous one are both 850's. My 2016 was an 800. This new one hauls the mail!! Way stronger than my '19, even with the 2020 engine. I'm pretty sure the newest flash has something to do with it. There's a few threads about this new version. Ride an 800 side by side with the older one, and you can tell there was a difference... more midrange, and didn't need to be wound up tight to perform... but now it's another step up from that. It's crazy!!
Awesome! Enjoy. Did you consider the SBA 146 850 so you could join Greasemonkey off trail?

·
Premium Member
5,946 Posts
I wouldn't mind going off trail, I just don't like getting stuck, lost or having something break. Not much trouble if I have tracks to follow. I see so many side trails as I zoom by... wondering where does that one go? Had a new demo sled out by Lax Lake last year, tried following some tracks into the woods, over a creek, then all of a sudden, they disappeared. I promptly turned around.

Reactions: mnext02

·
Registered
19 Posts
Rode out of TwoHarbors Saturday and Sunday. Trail from hotel on Saturday was decent, NSST was in good condition Yukon spur and Yukon in great shape, Brimson trail good Pequaywan trail very good. Sunday rode from Voyeger snowmobile clubs lot, just did a quick run up the state trail freshly groomed and was a blast. Thank you to all who maintain all of these trails you guys and gals are the best

Attachments

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Rode out of TwoHarbors Saturday and Sunday. Trail from hotel on Saturday was decent, NSST was in good condition Yukon spur and Yukon in great shape, Brimson trail good Pequaywan trail very good. Sunday rode from Voyeger snowmobile clubs lot, just did a quick run up the state trail freshly groomed and was a blast. Thank you to all who maintain all of these trails you guys and gals are the best
I was up there Thursday - Saturday riding and agree, the trails were in real good shape. Here's a clip from Saturday morning.

·
Premium Member
5,946 Posts
We rode out of Silver Bay Sunday, there were many corners wiped clean down to gravel, and ice. Other than the corners, most of the trails were holding good snow yet. Usually, we have in years past, seen a fresh grooming on Saturday night, but not so much this year. The State guys have been focusing on a Thursday groom this year. Friday trail crowds have been building, and we did see a number of groups riding on Sunday. The Trestle was quiet at noon, but then busy shortly afterwards.

That being said, the Portage trails were once again, spectacular!! Got in on the $20.21 per night rooms for several of us.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Went for a night ride after work today. Unloaded at the VSC Headquarters and rode the Yukon north to the Hoyt Lakes cutoff, turned around, came down the Yukon Spur and NSST back to VSC.
The Yukon South of Forest Hwy 11 is bumpy with a few thin spots, Yukon North is flat and fast as usual.
State Trail is in better shape but still has bumps and thin spots, Yukon Spur Trail was in the best shape of the 3.
2 hours riding covered 65 miles in 4.7 gallons of gas - 13.8 MPG. Non-ethanol 91 is $3.39 at VSC.
Today hit 38 degrees and it was above freezing during my whole ride, it just now dropped below 32. The sun beating down really killed some of the corners today, expect more of the same tomorrow.
We need another foot of snow on the trails.

·
Premium Member
5,946 Posts
Groomers won't get out in the warm temps to spread the wealth around. Need some snow, and a bit cooler temps. Newest system is heading south of where the NSST really needs it this time around. Hopefully soon!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just woke up and it's 35 degrees and sun is shining... The fat lady is warming up early this year. I predict she'll start stretching her vocal chords and March will give us an early wet heavy dump just in time for the Brisk Pace ride.

·
Registered
650 Posts
We have 3 couples coming up planning to ride this weekend and really appreciate your honest reports guys. The snow got smoked down here east of the cities yesterday and it went from good to not ridable in basically a day. Last night at 1am it was still near 40.

Your opinions on whether to call off the $1400 in hotel rooms are very appreciated. Based on the above, I don’t know that we should stick with the plan to come up?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Further north might be better.... See D-rails posts this week if he rides. I would definitely cross Two Harbors off your list the hotel trails will probably be junk by end of day.

·
Premium Member
5,946 Posts
The snow was good and smooth on the access trail out of Silver Bay on Sunday, but the State trail will be bumped up if they can't get out to groom. Even the Moosewalk had some bigger ripples. I'm at Giants Ridge today with a ski team, walked a few trails and there are a few brown spots, but the snow is holding up pretty good. Conditions will be at the mercy of overnight temps and if and when the clubs will groom. Pretty crunchy this morning, but soft in the afternoon. Trees and clouds keep the sun from big melting from here on out.

4141 - 4160 of 4175 Posts