Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talking to a person today and they told me there was ridable snow in NB. Looking at the snow maps there may be some but doesn't look like enough. I also heard Lake Nip is froze too with shacks going out. Whats the real story from some locals.

SKR_98

·
Registered
363 Posts
Ya there is Only about 3 inches right now,(If even that much) No shacks on the lake either, it just froze over last weekend! But it has been staying below zero all week. If we can get through this mild spell they are calling for next week with out much damage it would make a good base!

Here is to sledding by February :beer2:

·
Registered
371 Posts
There is definitely not enough snow. We got a little bit last night to add to what we had so theres probably a total of maybe 4-5 inches. Nippissing is frozen over but I havent seen any huts out on it yet. I did see a hut through the ice on Lake Nosbonsing (Not too far from Nippissing) so i wouldnt be going out on the lakes for atleast another week ...if we have cold weather

·
Registered
34 Posts
Actually got out yesterday, nothing like that long breaking in period on a Four Stroke eh? I live out in the boonies northeast of the city, in Redbridge (insert jokes, laughing here). We rode the "Fish Hatchery Road", it's not glamourous but it gets you out there anyways. Lakes are just getting a shell back on them again. This winter is probably the weirdest I've seen yet. Plus they're called for Freezing Rain, Then Rain, up to Plus 8 tomorrow, and then drop to -9 tomorrow night...wish winter would make up it's mind. One would almost be wise to invest in one of those snowguns like at ski resorts! lol...Hope this helps

·
Registered
794 Posts
The lake isn;t safe, But if u wanna run to cache bay we are running out there. Theres 5-6" of ice in the bay, The deepest place in the bay is about maybe 4 feet.

Out on the lake the middle isn't frozen yet.

This is lake nippissing on the 24th, I was also out on the 25th

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
How F'n cold would that be ripping across the lake in that boat at 70 MPH! :brrrr:

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
I went and checked the lake this morning and its already opening up[/b]
Grrreeeeaaaaaaaaaaattttttt. :banghead:

·
Registered
262 Posts
+4 today and heading to +7 by Friday. Expecting + temps all week even over night. The snow is gone and don't trust the ice.

This is the worst beginning to a snowmobile season I have ever seen.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.