Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is a chirpy whining noise, even at low rolling speed, stops when i touch throttle or brake. I am not smelling any belt burn? Also when on stand it seems to be idling fast as track keeps rolling. On ice this weekend it was even creeping forward at idle. Wondering if I should take to dealer to look at?

·
Registered
139 Posts
It is definately sounding like your belt deflection is a tad tight. It should, as previousely stated, loosen up as the belt breaks in. However, Do you have the updated deflection adjusted from cat. If not, make sure the deflection adjusted has not backed out a bit. I know mine did. If you can, open your secondary sheaves a bit and attempt to tighten the adjuster making sure it's fully seated. Then start your sled and spin the track for a quick second. The secondary will close and you can see if the problem is resolved. This was a common problem, thus the update was created.

S.C.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
If its creeping forward at idle - Yes the belt deflection is to tight

Its these rock hard kevlar belts that squeal at idle - Its a fine line on how tight you can set belt defection versus the old 020 belts

Thats what i love about the BD aluminum adjuster - You can FINE TUNE the belt deflection without those damn shims
A simple turn either way

Scott

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
If its creeping forward at idle - Yes the belt deflection is to tight

Its these rock hard kevlar belts that squeal at idle - Its a fine line on how tight you can set belt defection versus the old 020 belts

Thats what i love about the BD aluminum adjuster - You can FINE TUNE the belt deflection without those damn shims
A simple turn either way

Scott[/b]

What he said/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

May I add that stock for stock it will MPH better tighter. Let her chirp............

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks boys, I will look at this weekend. Stupid question, but what exactly is belt deflection and how do I know to set it properly. Is there a an accurate way to set it or do you tinker with it?

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
I would normally fix this on the trail as the chirping got louder as I went. Pull the plug from the sidepan and pull your tool kit out. Take the three pin device and the spark plug wrench as well as the screwdriver (less the handle) and place the three pin adjuster in the cap of the secondary. Turn the adjuster about 3 turns or until you feel a fair bit of resistance and put the tools away. Pull the rip cord and ride the rest of the day or until it chirps again. If chirping is heard, follow the above procedure.

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Belt is too tight that's all. BTW, deflection really has nothing to do with MPH speed. It may help you take off or accelerate better but that's it. Once the belt shifts, deflection doesn't really matter as it no longer does anything.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
I just put a new belt on and mine is doing the same thing, I will give it one more outing and if it is still chirping I will adjust. On the stand my track is rolling it never did this with the old belt.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts