Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a f7 and I had 145 studs. It didn't hook up AT ALL. So I added some in and now I have near 190. I still don't hook up. I know I can take my coupler blocks out but I don't want to do that just yet. Any other things taht I can do to make my sled hook up and still trail ride, I don't wanna be changing it every weekend. I weigh 160 lbs in gear.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Hmmm... we wonder what track you've got -- 1" or the 1 3/8"? What length and style of studs?? What surface conditions???

When you (I mean anyone!) ask a question, please get in the habit of reading your post and asking yourself, "Did I provide enough pertinent information here for my fellow Firecatters to make a good assessment of my problem(s), so that they can give me as good an answer possible based on MY sled set-up and riding/racing conditions?!?! Thanks!!! -- Roy

·
Registered
562 Posts
Roy,

I have a F7SP, I run 128 1.430" Roetins with round Fast track backers. Coupler blocks on # 3 obviously on ice or low snow conditions, I don't hook up very well, but on good hard pack, I hook really good at riding buddies say it throws a 20-30 rooster out the back. The 1.375 is already heavy, don't want more rotating weight than neccessary.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1" track
1.150 fast trac studs and round backers
We were racing on ice/small snow but even on hard pack it doesn't hook up hard

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I have 1.375 track with the saber outlaw studs 96 1.5 inch. They hook great on everything but ice, I Had to get more studs for that. I would say your studs are not long enough check out all the stud charts = @ D&D, Woody's ,Saber traction, And Studboy. They all have specific sizes for the F7. With 1.5's in I still have enuff room for the 1.625 studs the racers are using. Atleast 1" of clearance Past the tip to the closest part of anything in the tunnel.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Do you have the coupler blocks on the lowest setting? It makes a huge difference even if you don't take them completely out.

·
Registered
313 Posts
What else have you done? Strap position, firmness of front skid shock, torsion setting? These will influence everything a lot. Did you stagger your studs? Are your skis coming off the ground?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Throwing rooster tails 20 to 30 feet is not hooking up. If you are hooking up it means you have the right studs and the right surface to start out on. The F 7 will hook up on ice if you have the right helix , primary spring, and weights. IT WILL NOT SPIN JUST GO. On all other conditions it is going to spin. The sceret is to spin less than your buddy, that usually means running a softer engagment spring or feather your acceleration a little will also help, or try to pick a spot on the snow that is more hard, but not icy dull studs or studs that are too big will not penetrate ice well enough to launch you.

GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I guess that your sled is just a beater! You shoud put in some Ice pics and then maybe I wouldn't beat you so bad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts