Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sled has about 2800 miles and i was out for the first time over the weekend and when i go wide open it doesn't catch and i have to ease into the throttle to get any speed upto 85mph. if i put the throttle all the way down i just slow down last year i could get up to 100 now it takes for ever to get to 85mph. last year i replaced the spring in the clutch and it was fine until the last ride because it broke. all help is appreciated becasue im going on a long ride in 2 weeks and would like it fixed. IF its the clutch needs to be rebuilt (price? and time) if its something else lemme know the time needed.
thanks
dan

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
My sled has about 2800 miles and i was out for the first time over the weekend and when i go wide open it doesn't catch and i have to ease into the throttle to get any speed upto 85mph. if i put the throttle all the way down i just slow down last year i could get up to 100 now it takes for ever to get to 85mph. last year i replaced the spring in the clutch and it was fine until the last ride because it broke. all help is appreciated becasue im going on a long ride in 2 weeks and would like it fixed. IF its the clutch needs to be rebuilt (price? and time) if its something else lemme know the time needed.
thanks
dan[/b]
Try to install a new belt FIRST!!! :div20:

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
You have 2 clutch springs. One in the primary and another in the secondary. You may have a really weak secondary causing the belt to suck down to fast into the secondary way to fast which will put you in to high of a gear ratio and limiting your ability to reach top speed. I would say replace both springs and have all the clutch bushings inspected for wear. And try a new belt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.