Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Does it improve anything trail/powder/jumping when u take ur sway bar out???[/b]

Powder and jumping, yes. Groomed trail, no.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
does it work against u on groomed trails????[/b]
Just the opposite, it keeps the chassis of the sled from leaning over in the turns and helps keep the inside ski on the ground.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
lol but didnt u write no for groomed trails????[/b]

Your question was, "Does it improve anything trail/powder/jumping when u take ur sway bar out???

And my reply was, "Powder and jumping, yes. Groomed trail, no."

So, the longer version of my answer is: Removing the swat bar does offer some improvement when riding powder and when jumping. And, no, it doesn't improve anything on groomed trails when u take ur sway bar out.

Just to clarify. :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Just the opposite, it keeps the chassis of the sled from leaning over in the turns and helps keep the inside ski on the ground.[/b]
jcollsn86,

Let me try and help you out:

DJ used "It" as a pronoun for SWAY BAR...i.e The SWAY BAR keeps the chassis of the sled from leaning over in the turns and helps keep the inside ski on the ground."

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol k my bad when i read it the first time i thought the "it" was replying to when the sway was out.....i do about half trail and half dickn arond ...is the sway out tolerable on trails or is just not worth it???

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
To be honest its about a 5 minute job to take it out and put it in. Try it...see what you think. My take is that if you like high speed trail riding you are going to be TIRED with the sway bar out. You have to move your weight around a ton to corner...if you are just riding trails to get from one play spot to the next it might be worth it.

·
Registered
452 Posts
take it out, after a weekend you won't go back (if you get off your seat), thru trails it has body roll but you have to counteract it with leaning and hangin off the side, but in the ditches, studders, poweder, worth the trade off. you can still push it thru the trails just as fast if you try.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
jcollsn86,

Let me try and help you out:

DJ used "It" as a pronoun for SWAY BAR...i.e The SWAY BAR keeps the chassis of the sled from leaning over in the turns and helps keep the inside ski on the ground."[/b]
Dont know about yer fancy book lerning Its an ANTI SWAY BAR a sway bar would make it lean over

·
Registered
61 Posts
Mine broke last year, did alot of ditch banging loved it, got back on the trails and as soon as i got into the corner no matter how far i hung off the sled the ski would come up and stay there untill I was straight had a hard time just keeping up. I put it back on now my buddies have hard time keeping up. I know of some people put removable pins in so they when they jump off the trail it only takes a few seconds to unhook them.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Mine broke 2 yrs ago I remember it quite vividly, at the end of the day I was more tired than I had ever been keeping up with my dad's F7 in the trails. I had 2 work really hard 2 keep the inside ski from lifting when I would push it. It was fun for about the first two hours that day after it broke, but then it started becoming a pain in the neck later on. Around my place the trails are real rough because it's rocky but once we got further north (more snow too) the trails were twisty and flat, not fun without the sway bar. once again it depends on what ur doin. I'm strictly trail riding with the rare little offtrail adventure.

so for me sway bar stays in.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Dont know about yer fancy book lerning Its an ANTI SWAY BAR a sway bar would make it lean over[/b]
umm...no.

Arctic Cat Part# 1703-144 Desc: SWAY BAR,1/2" PTD BLK Price 45.19

1 - 15 of 15 Posts