Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[attachment=89574:attachment][attachment=89575:attachment] Bought a set of very nice 8" wheels with green rubber from PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING last year at Haydays. After waiting 6 to 8 weeks and several phone calls I got them. Then, I liked them so much I ordered a set of 5-inch wheels to match. After waiting another 6 to 8 weeks I got them too. The only problem is when winter came the rubber on the wheels did not last. I returned them with a letter and photos and they said they are trying to get better rubber on them on will send out the new ones as soon as possible. No refunds. Well I am sure you know the rest of the story. I guess they are out of business and here I sit with no wheels and out the cash. :drunk:

Would anyone else like to share your experience and tell me what the heck happened to them? Their Web site is still active. :help:

Attachments

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
performance engineering, or hi-performance engineering, either way sounds like a company run by Randy Nouis of supertorquer :cn: :Wow1:

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
Originally posted by sandbagger@Aug 26 2005, 07:48 PM
"Hammertimes" how appropriate of a name!  :frech32:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=849205
[/quote]
:div20: on the hammertime name there, (didn't mean to denounce the actual hi-perf engineering by saying they're run like randy would, was asking if that was the company he was referring to) Hey Randy!!,,,,,,,, :bigfinger:

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
if you are talking about hi performance engineering here in trf then im pretty sure they are still in business. you must be talking baout someone else?

·
Registered
10,580 Posts
I think they had a problem with their green wheels because my 8" wheels look EXACTLY like that. I'm working on getting mine redone, I'll keep in touch with you if I make any progress.

What happened to them? They screwed themselves over by piss poor management. They were taking clutch orders hand over fist and started taking people's money before shipping product. Where all the money went is anyone's guess. They are belly up and have liquidated all assets.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Originally posted by jordan123@Aug 26 2005, 10:57 PM
if you are talking about hi performance engineering here in trf then im pretty sure they are still in business. you must be talking baout someone else?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=849493
[/quote]
2 totally different companies. Hi-Performance Engineering is an outstanding company to deal with. :div20:

·
Registered
223 Posts
we must remember the first thread. he saidPERFORMANCE ENGINEERING
we do not want to run a good company a bad name for someone elses bull.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by crazy_cat@Aug 27 2005, 02:33 AM
we must remember the first thread. he saidPERFORMANCE ENGINEERING
we do not want to run a good company a bad name for someone elses bull.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=849588
[/quote]

Yes, let's not mix them up. I am talking about Performance Engineering in Wadena Minnesota (Manufacturing). I buy a ton of stuff from HI Performance Engineering (Distribution) of Thief River Falls. They are a class act! :div20:

·
Registered
7,232 Posts
Just a thought, by the looks of your pictures. You have studs on the very outside belt, i think that the wheels then instead of rubbing rubber to rubber, rubbed against the much harder stud and this lead to the destruction of your wheels.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by jefro56@Aug 28 2005, 05:10 PM
Rubber is put on the billet idlers so you CAN run studs. The black rubber seems to be holding up fairly well,
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=851006
[/quote]

Right on! I have over 7000 miles on the green Cat originals with no sign of wear at all on those very same studs you are looking at. It is simply a case of not the right rubber, density and or process.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts