Hardcore Sledder banner

No power from ECU to the fuel pump

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  stronger800 
#1 ·
1999 ZL 500 EFI. New stator, runs on spray, but not getting power to the fuel pump. Ran new wire from ECU to fuel pump, hooked battery to fuel pump and have good flow. Is it the ECU?

#2 ·
Did you test your old stator? How about the new one? If you’re old one test bad, and the new one tests good, then I would say that it is the ECU. It’s also possible that your new one is junk and is not sending power to that circuit. I would try to find the testing procedure and check that with a meter before trying to buy an ECU.

#3 ·
Old one was junk, didn't test the new one. Guess I shouldn't assume it's good. I read that those stators have a coil on the just for the fuel pump so I still need to test that just to be sure. I tested the old one and the ohms it was reading weren't within spec range, so I bought a new one thinking it would fix the problem.

#4 ·
Sadly, the ohms can be out of spec on a perfectly good stator too. I hate that that is a thing, but it happens. Only thing you can be fairly sure of is that if you get no resistance, or infinite resistance indicating a open or completely closed circuit, in my non-electrical terms, then you know it’s bad. I’ve seen new ones with broken wires.. = 0.00 ohms

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.