Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading many ski threads on HCS and DT I decided to bag the Pilot skis due to lack of information. I'm keeping my Precisions and I just received a set of Bergstrom Skegs with shims.

I figured I've been enough of a Skidoo guinea pig with my Modular (too cold, mush face and FROSTBITTEN cheeks even with the upgrades) and my BV2S helmet which will be replaced with a TXI later this year if I cannot get a distortion free electric shield...two electric shields so far have been distorted (vision was 20x15 as of last year, no glasses or contacts)......makes me dizzy when I'm riding therefore making it hard to ride...........the plain shield is fine but concerned about sleet and freezing rain when touring.........we'll see about that one..............

Many praise the Bergstroms with shims as a fix for the Precision darting problem.........we'll see..............I'm putting 1/4" shims and 4" carbides on the inside as instructed by Scott, and recommended by other Rev owners without studs.........Scott @ Bergstrom was friendly and had a wealth of info on his product. What a nice guy.

I'll give a report on how it rides with the new skegs.........and an update on the helmet situation..........thus far I cut the inside plastic out to see if it was that or the outer shield. It was the inner plastic that was distorted.......the outer shield has no distortion..........damned expensive experiment! :banghead:

·
Registered
2021 VR1 850, 18 Tiger 8000, 17 RS 6000, 16 ZR 6000, 12 F1100T, 11 EXT 800, 09 Z1 Turbo, 05 ZR 900
10,328 Posts
I can't believe your having problems with your BV2S, the only problem I've had is riding in snowstorm as the helmet doesn't handle high humidity very well.
My sheild has a wave in it but oddly it has no distortion.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah Vince I've had massive distortion problems with the electric shield. No problems with the plain shield and 95% of the time don't need the electric shield but it's nice to have when you need it............

I cut out the inner plastic just to see if it was the inner plastic or the outer shield............it was the inner plastic with the electrodes attached that was warped it was also stained like a dingy yellowish color...........dealer says new ones are fine so I'll try it out .............if it's clear I'll buy it if not............ TXI for touring!

·
Registered
2021 VR1 850, 18 Tiger 8000, 17 RS 6000, 16 ZR 6000, 12 F1100T, 11 EXT 800, 09 Z1 Turbo, 05 ZR 900
10,328 Posts
I have a TXI helmet also, the reason I quit wearing it and went with the Bombi helmet was that electric face sheild is tinted for for some unknown reason, I've talked to my friends in TRF and they don't know why it is either, in any event I need as much clear vision as I can get at night.

You should check out the new Cat Crosstec VRE helmet the VRE stands for voice, radio, electric shield this helmet will tie to the new Cat Comm which is supposed to have an awesome range for sled to sled communications plus the MP3 and satellite radio capabilities.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was looking at that but I don't know if the helmet is airtight like the BV2S or leaky like my old modular..............nobody has one yet to try on...........I'd prefer to keep the BV2S if at all possible as it is finniky but warm and does not fog at all if set up properly.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just popped on the Bergstrom Skegs with shims..............inside carbides now sit completely flat, just like they said they would............should be interesting trying this out............. :beer:

·
Registered
5,521 Posts
Dont those bv2s things get disgustingly damp inside? I know cloth work masks get damp, and those are rubber. Water must condensate on them and get disgusting after a while.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by wildboer@Nov 4 2005, 04:06 PM
Dont those bv2s things get disgustingly damp inside? I know cloth work masks get damp, and those are rubber. Water must condensate on them and get disgusting after a while.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=981262
[/quote]

I use a piece of sponge cloth, those small rags sold to dry off the car without leaving streaks.........they soak up a ton of water and I only need to wring it out once during lunch................

What does NMFH mean? :dunno:

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks :augen41: ...............I had no clue :dunno: ..............

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Ditch that ugly ass modular and get a real helmet. Safety should be your first concern with a helmet, and those modulars cant be as safe around the chin as regular or mx helmetms. I've heard of reconstructive surgery for those that have been in accidents with them.

not to mention the bvs2 is the ugliest spaceman contraption I have ever seen.

NMFH!!!!

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by Killer@Nov 17 2005, 03:20 PM
Ditch that ugly ass modular and get a real helmet.  Safety should be your first concern with a helmet, and those modulars cant be as safe around the chin as regular or mx helmetms.  I've heard of reconstructive surgery for those that have been in accidents with them.

not to mention the bvs2 is the ugliest spaceman contraption I have ever seen. 

NMFH!!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=1016993
[/quote]

I crashed with my modular on, slid face first, and it held up fine. :div20:

·
Registered
10 Posts
:cn: I bought a BVS2 when they came out 2004 - was not impressed with the constant frosting - was about to buy an electric when the dealer looked at the manufacture date of my helmut and ordered me a new visor (under warranty). Rode with the new one last year and never once had a problem. Folks I ride with also appreciate the light on the back of the helmut as they can see me well across an open field. I also went for the torn pieces of fake chamois. They are absorbant and washable. And the on real cold days it always gives me something to do when we stop - the other guys will have a beer or a smoke but I - I de-ice the breathing apparratus. But all in all a termendous helmut to wear.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts