Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we cut out a piece of aluminum 10 inches by 7 inches drilled out the original rivet holes mounted underneath foot tunnel tucks under the plastic pop 2 more rivets in front for more security it works absolutely perfect foot was dry as when i left and rode 130 miles today..hopefully this will work for you guys..have a safe weekend..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got any pics?[/b]
i did take some pics there on my brothers camera he's up in gaylord i'll post wednesday, i'll be in gaylord on monday if anyone is gonna be there stop me and take a look at it, not to many nytro's out yet race yammi coat with the neon orange..the plate works perfect foot was warm and toasty but most of all DRY....MAN I LOVE MY NYTRO WHAT A AWESOME AND FUN SLED i couldn't imagine anyone even talking bad about this machine.I got 450 miles on mine and honestly feel like i could ride that many in one day..

·
Registered
18 Posts
i did take some pics there on my brothers camera he's up in gaylord i'll post wednesday, i'll be in gaylord on monday if anyone is gonna be there stop me and take a look at it, not to many nytro's out yet race yammi coat with the neon orange..the plate works perfect foot was warm and toasty but most of all DRY....MAN I LOVE MY NYTRO WHAT A AWESOME AND FUN SLED i couldn't imagine anyone even talking bad about this machine.I got 450 miles on mine and honestly feel like i could ride that many in one day..[/b]
Had mine out for the first time and got the wet foot as I do on most sleds, the snow is comming up from underneath and the warm air from the clutches is melting it. How much snow build up do you get now that you have blocked the holes??? They seemed to fill up on their own any ways. Still a little twitchy on the front end for my likeing but not really bad. Road the new Rev XP and you could really tell the weight differance. Will give it another shot tommorow.

ROD

·
Registered
711 Posts
My biggest concern is preventing that water from getting in the clutch area! It's cool that you stopped it from getting your boot wet, but last time out I noticed my belt slipping! My primary had little water streaks at the top of the sheaves!! Other than that she is a sweet ride isn't she???? I felt the same way, I could ride forever it seemed like without any fatigue!!! Very comfortable sled!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My biggest concern is preventing that water from getting in the clutch area! It's cool that you stopped it from getting your boot wet, but last time out I noticed my belt slipping! My primary had little water streaks at the top of the sheaves!! Other than that she is a sweet ride isn't she???? I felt the same way, I could ride forever it seemed like without any fatigue!!! Very comfortable sled!!![/b]
i didnt get all the water on the tunell dripping like it was at all all you have to do is what i did and it will work no snow build up in the feet tunnells or nothing this is the ticket guaranteed i'll get pics wednesday for you guys that dont want the wet foot sindrome..

·
Registered
711 Posts
i didnt get all the water on the tunell dripping like it was at all all you have to do is what i did and it will work no snow build up in the feet tunnells or nothing this is the ticket guaranteed i'll get pics wednesday for you guys that dont want the wet foot sindrome..[/b]
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
are you talking about the first 10 inches on the underside of the running board where your foot is? if this works thanks Yamaha should thank you too.[/b]
yes under the foot tunnell i rode on the lake today fluffy snow and it did throw some snow up, yesterday in the trails it did not much better than without the plate. I'm gonna try a couple more things to see if i can get it corrected totally, but it seems like yamaha would have already come up with something to correct this, didn't they see this when they tested the sled out? wouldn't you think.

·
Registered
117 Posts
IDK, maybe its just me but it seems this problem is over-hyped.

If you ride in snow, snow will melt, you will get wet, snow comes threw holes on a snowmobile, Heat that keeps you warm from the snowmobile which is good is melting it.

the problem is if you have crap boots or gear.

I rode my nytro..on trails and hardpack without a problem, so the only place your going to get alot of this problem from <atleast it seems like to me> is from powder...and there is no way your going to ride threw powder..without getting some..or tons on the footboards..and on your feet..thats going to melt from that nice heat blowing off of your brand new snowmobile??

But since I haven't experienced this myself...I'm not trying to say it is or isn't a problem...It just seems....like snowmobiling to me? lol

I think the biggest reason for this is from all the heat from the sled...not from any given design.

·
Registered
489 Posts

If you ride in snow, snow will melt, you will get wet, snow comes threw holes on a snowmobile, Heat that keeps you warm from the snowmobile which is good is melting it.

I rode my nytro..on trails and hardpack without a problem, so the only place your going to get alot of this problem from <atleast it seems like to me> is from powder...and there is no way your going to ride threw powder..without getting some..or tons on the footboards..and on your feet..thats going to melt from that nice heat blowing off of your brand new snowmobile??

But since I haven't experienced this myself...I'm not trying to say it is or isn't a problem...It just seems....like snowmobiling to me? lol

I think the biggest reason for this is from all the heat from the sled...not from any given design.[/b]
I just got back from my third ride on my rtx. First ride was barely any snow, no wet boot, two days ago it was snowing hard and my left boot and lower pant leg were soaked. Thought it was my Rocky boots so I bought a new pair of snowboard boots yesterday, rode today on mostly hardpacked trail with a little field riding on the way home and my lefty was definitely wet again. I probably should have saved the $200. and put it towards some sheet aluminum and rivets. 250 miles so far, like the power, ride is a little harsh in the choppy stuff and the steering in the twisties is definitely a workout. I moved the limiter strap and messed around a little with the compression and rebound dampening on the rear shocks. I lowered air in the front to about 65 lbs. and think I may go a little lower just to see. If you have any other set up hints I sure would appreciate them.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Rocky boots 1200 grams thinsulate with sno seel and new Burton snowboard boots that have an inner booty and outer shell, thought they would keep it out. New Arctiva bibs. I have had a 2004 firecat 700 sno pro and a crossfire 700 in the last three years and never had wet feet unless I was hoofing it through waist deep snow for an hour. Wondering if the bolt that holds the ski on the sled is the culprit. Maybe it could be turned the other way so the threads face out?

·
Registered
201 Posts

I think the biggest reason for this is from all the heat from the sled...not from any given design.[/b]
BINGO! Man, i notice tonight how toasty my sled it, I was actually worried something was wrong with it (heck, still may be). Anyway, it DOES get warm, and i DO have waterproof boots, but if I didn't, I'd expect to get wet, no matter the sled.

·
Registered
711 Posts
So the problem is riding gear!?!?!? :dunno: I rode my last sled over 7,000 miles in all sorts of conditions and never had a wet foot!!!! My last ride was in warmer temps, wet snow, and fog. My tunnel was soaking wet (front to back) and my right foot was the only thing dry! Before that, it was 2 F degress out and my tunnel was nothing but icicles and my left foot was soaked!!!! Water is coming from a few places. I'm fixing it myself. I'm not bitching about the sled. All I want to say is, this is not a riding gear issue!!!

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I just got a new pair of waterproof Klim Adrenaline GTX boots (GoreTex), had them on for the ride yesterday, and it was the very first time I ever came home with dry feet ! I ride a lot of powder and off trail, so for me, it's a gear issue. Get yourself a pair of these boots and your problems go away, no machine mods necessary. BTW, these boots were super warm too, and my feet didn't even sweat in them (like they always do) ! Thank You KLIM !!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
489 Posts
I agree 100% it is not a riding gear issue and I am not trying to trash the sled either, it is a first year production model and is going to have its little quirks here and there, just wonder if any of the yami test pilots ever came back with a wet or frozen left foot.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I agree 100% it is not a riding gear issue and I am not trying to trash the sled either, it is a first year production model and is going to have its little quirks here and there, just wonder if any of the yami test pilots ever came back with a wet or frozen left foot.[/b]
I'm with ya'!! I completely have no issues with the quirks of it being a first year sled and it's little "issues"!!! BUT, I am not buying another new pair of boots or a special brand because people had a dry foot after using them! Maybe Yamaha should sell some boots with the sled!! Is that what you guys are saying??!?!? Come on!!! I have seen the water under my clutches. I have water streaks on my clutches. My belt has slipped because of water being in there. Now, I am going to fix it, not buy new boots! It really is very simple!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm with ya'!! I completely have no issues with the quirks of it being a first year sled and it's little "issues"!!! BUT, I am not buying another new pair of boots or a special brand because people had a dry foot after using them! Maybe Yamaha should sell some boots with the sled!! Is that what you guys are saying??!?!? Come on!!! I have seen the water under my clutches. I have water streaks on my clutches. My belt has slipped because of water being in there. Now, I am going to fix it, not buy new boots! It really is very simple!![/b]
Ya, come on guys - it is really very simple - argee with "skyballs" or you are just dead wrong.

Watch it or one of his butt buddy friends will LOCK THIS THREAD TOO!!!!!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Ya, come on guys - it is really very simple - argee with "skyballs" or you are just dead wrong.

Watch it or one of his butt buddy friends will LOCK THIS THREAD TOO!!!!![/b]
:yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao: Is your hood for sale yet???

1 - 20 of 82 Posts