Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every year I put on a ride for people interested in getting into snowmobiling..this was the last year for that! This year we had 12 people including 3 rentals ...we leave the cabin thursday night and four miles into the ride we hit a y in the trail, so i park in the median of the y and the two guys behind me park next to me and here comes the mental rental who started out in 6th place but has moved up to fourth in blinding snow conditions...he comes around the corner doin at least 65 mph when he should have been doin closer to 35 with the snow and snow dust...i see him turn the corner and he starts to turn into the sitting sleds...instead of going left or right, he steers into us in the median ...i am watching him come around the corner and see him steering into us and i turn around and grab the throttle, luckily i do or he would have hit me broadside..as it was he takes out the entire back bumper and plastic for my sled and knocks the rubber coolant hose off ...so i'm pissing antifreeze all over, i shut it down immediatly and go check him out ...bad for his rental (which he ended up having to buy, rental place wanted 3,000 to fix it, while it could be done for about 1,200) and he also bounced off me and hit my buddy next to me on his poo which bent his tunnel just a tad. He banged up his leg ...not broken, just needed 7 stitches from hitting the broken jagged end of my bumper, other than that my buddy on the poo just is a little sore from getting knocked of his sled. and for me i thank god for reflexes to get out of his way or i might be writing to you from the comfort of my hospital bed. The hell of it all is before the ride I warn everyone to take it easy and ride safe because of the number of sleds and conditions...guess nobody listened. I WOULD LIKE TO SEND A BIG THANK YOU OUT TO MUNISING MOTOR SPORTS IN WETMORE MICHIGAN WHO NOT ONLY HAD THE PARTS IN STOCK (WOW) BUT ALSO GOT ME IN AND BACK ON THE TRAILS IN 2 HOURS WITHOUT MECHANICS (THEY WERE AT THE RACES) HE LET ME BACK IN THE SHOP TO WORK WITH HIM AND THE SHOPHAND ON MY SLED AND WE GOT IT BACK TOGETHER AND PROPERLY BURPED, HE EVEN LET ME USE HIS TRUCK TO GO TO NAPA TO GET A NEW HOSE!! IF YOUR AROUND MUNISING AND NEED A CAT MECHANIC AND A GOOD SHOP CALL TONY AT MUNISING MOTOR SPORTS!! so anyway ...word to the wise ...let the rentals ride by themselves....by the way 2nd year in a row that a mental rental in our group slammed into a regular ...last year it was my buddies 98 zr 600 that got hammered...so no more my friends ...i should have learned my lesson last year and i could have been out riding all friday instead of waiting for my sled to be fixed!! :( :ph34r: :D

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just so you know the firecat was not brand new it had 350 miles on it

·
Registered
861 Posts
Sorry to hear about your mishap with your F Cat. Sounds like it could have been alot worse. Just curious, do you give a safety brief to the newbies before they ride?
I am not sure being a rental rider caused the problem as much as inexperience and bad judgement on the riders part. Come to think of it, that's the same problem I see with alot of OWNER riders on any given weekend up north....................

Just a thought,

Kevin

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes...had a meeting with them before we rode....taught them hand signals and warned them about ice and corners and how to handle a sled and most of all to go slow until you get used to the sled and the handling and gain some confidence...testosterone was running a little high in him i suspect...

·
Registered
827 Posts
there has to be an idiot in every crowd, good to hear you
and your friend were not hurt too seriously,,and that the king of the jungle is up and running again,,

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I guess he took the phrase "RIDE IT LIKE RENTAL" to a new level. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Those guys in munising helped me out big time last year. I had a 99 zr 700 that would kill every 5 minutes, felt like bad plugs. One of there sales men helped me out, and found that it was a faulty saftey switch in the throttle, after 5 mins they had me back up and running.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
munising pro sports helped my buddy this saturday, 1/4 mile down trail 419 he hooked a tree with his 02 polaris edge x tore the entire trailing arm off,
had him back in action in 4 hours!! and gave him a sled to ride for only 50 bucks while they fixed his!!
GREAT DEALERSHIP!!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by cmscat50@Jan 14 2003, 10:21 AM
Dave cat,
How was the munising area? Enough snow???
Cat S.
the snow in munising was fair to marginal...everything east is great...you can get out of munising on sled which wasn't the case 3 weeks ago

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
yes,
definetly head east and not to far south, shingleton is as far south as one would want to go, trails were beautiful, friday and saturdat, rough sunday
everybody checks the web for snow and found it, suppose to snow everyday there for a week!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts