Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are 600cc sleds the new 440? Doesn't seem to be much love for 600 class sleds lately. 800/850 is the focus, which is great for Mtn guys and lake/rail bed racers. For general trail riding, isn't a fast revving 600 enough? Cat is only offering three sleds in their entire line up for 2021 with a 600? Doo 600R by all accounts is great, but how many buy them over the 850? Poo guys are waiting for a 600 Patriot, asking for a 650 but would they actually buy them with the 840/800 available?
https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/1354-indy-axys-platform/1860464-2021-indy-xc-650-a.html

just curious what the peanut gallery thinks since we don't want to GDF up a brand specific thread.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I had a 600R renegade last half of last year , great sled but missed the torque / pull of a 4 stroke so back on a 1200 , hope they come with a 1200 replacement at some point

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40,070 Posts
I've alway had a 600, was always fun demoralizing 800 sled owners in the twisties...just gotta expect some payback on open parries and lakes.

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why bother with a 600 when it's a BLAST to ride a 400cc sled? :stirthepot::bc::laff:
crnr2crnr just knew this comment was coming :rolleyes: :bc:

funny though, the 400cc single slug supposedly puts out nearly as much power as the 793cc Hirth Honker Triple.
https://www.snowtechmagazine.com/the-life-and-times-of-the-two-stroke-triple/

People fall into a trap of thinking they need the big hp. I've gone through it. For me, the (relatively) smaller high performance motors are just as fast and alot more fun to ride.
can see the argument that you don't have to use all of the power (throttle modulation right?), that when running fast they're more efficient and their weight isn't far off the 6's. just have to wonder if trail guys would ever come back to the 600 class if they were all in the 130/135 range. pretty sure we know the answer already. for the type of riding I enjoy when considering a new sled, a 600 seems perfectly fine.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I've had 800's, dropped down to a 600 and went back up to a 800
Am I faster on the 800?
No, my comfort range is the same wheather on a 600 or 800 I just like the arm streaching pull the handlebars out of your finger tips torque the bigger CC sleds have.
To me it's all about the fun factor, that is why we ride.

One thing I have often thought from a manufacturing stand point why build a 600 and not a detuned 800/850? Much like the outboards for boats. Often times a same size motor will come in 2 to 3 different HP ranges
Put the HP number on the side of the sled and not the CC's
A detuned 800/850 in the 125-130 hp range would have way more torque than a 600. Would be easier to clutch. Would not need premium fuels and it would be cheaper to build which trickles down to the buyer

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Am I faster on the 800?
No, my comfort range is the same wheather on a 600 or 800 I just like the arm streaching pull the handlebars out of your finger tips torque the bigger CC sleds have.

One thing I have often thought from a manufacturing stand point why build a 600 and not a detuned 800/850? Much like the outboards for boats. Often times a same size motor will come in 2 to 3 different HP ranges
A detuned 800/850 in the 125-130 hp range would have way more torque than a 600. Would be easier to clutch. Would not need premium fuels and it would be cheaper to build which trickles down to the buyer

I’ve always said if you take two different size engines making the same power the smaller one is going to be peppier if not quicker. It’s running more at its potential. Ignition timing and fuel is going to be more in line with the engines potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
The Meat Man
15,701 Posts
Why did the chicken cross the road, who gives a fawck!! :whistle:

Get whatever you want it's your money. :dunno:

Didos or whips and chains to each there own. I am a feather man myself. :)

·
Registered
40,070 Posts
Am I faster on the 800?

Never ran a drop of premium fuel in any of my 600's, just 89 grade like the poo engine reps recommended. Except for camping out on lakes, the sled has has enough power the rest of the time. I'm not a 300 lb rider that i'd need an 800.

·
Premium Member
33,218 Posts
if there was a market for it, i'd certainly be up for developing some 600 tunes and other improvements.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
i like the 600 and have no interest in the 800, for me it's the size they make the rest of the sled. i can ride my hubby's 800 sure, but i'm pretty much standing to do so, where on my 600 my legs are far more comfortable.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
No need for anything over 500ccs here in mn really. 50mph speed limit. I ride a 600 cause that's what I have. Certainly no need for a 800 or 850 here. My old '02 440 was plenty good, should have kept it probably. A sno pro 500 is probably perfect for the tight twisties I ride.

·
The Meat Man
15,701 Posts
Didos or whips and chains Jerry? :whistle:

:lol::lol:

Look guys how many times are we going to analyze the 600 800 debate?:dunno:

Com on man give me something new!! :bc:

·
Administrator
2030 Arctic Cat 2500 - - 19-20 mileage-100,000
23,798 Posts
Didos or whips and chains Jerry? :whistle:

:lol::lol:

Look guys how many times are we going to analyze the 600 800 debate?:dunno:

Com on man give me something new!! :bc:
About the same amount times that Oil, 2 stroke or 4 stroke, cat poo doo and yammie shit gets analyzed on here........ :rofl:

·
The Meat Man
15,701 Posts
About the same amount times that Oil, 2 stroke or 4 stroke, cat poo doo and yammie shit gets analyzed on here........ :rofl:
We need a Blond brunet red head debate.:whistle:

I married a redhead my god they are uptight women everything is so dramatic in life. :blink:

Reactions: lonewolfhowling

·
Registered
40,070 Posts
Still waiting for some manufacture to build a lightweight 600 class 4 stroke sled with 600 class 2 stroke power.

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
i like the 600 and have no interest in the 800, for me it's the size they make the rest of the sled. i can ride my hubby's 800 sure, but i'm pretty much standing to do so, where on my 600 my legs are far more comfortable.
You ride a Polaris. Chassis and seat are identical on the 600, 800 and 850.

Personally I don't see why they would make more than one motor. I wouldn't even detune it. Just price in between and let economy of scale fix it

1 - 20 of 185 Posts