Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently added a complete 04 sno pro 440 wiring to my f5 engine. sator, mag, cdi, timing dail, holeshot botton......etc everything runs great no engine problem what so ever.
the lights were working at first front and back. last time i notice them on, was befor dark. i remember playing with my thumb warmer switch also. i got home parked it......
next day i start up my sled and notice i had no lights..wtf???? front and back have no sign of life neither does my thumb warmers i cheked all light bulbs they are all good none burned out im not sure if its my voltage regulator... cuz last time its was that my light bulbs blew up... any help on this would be great

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dude if everything blew at once , its prob your regulator. Dwights did the same thing.[/b]
like i said all my light bulbs are good but im not sure if its my regulator...i remember dwight's lights were all blown wen i sold him my spare regulator .....

·
Registered
616 Posts
unplug your hand warmers and see if that make a difference because I that same kind of problem it proabably just a possitive wire touching metal and grounding out.

·
Registered
306 Posts
unplug your hand warmers and see if that make a difference[/b]
I had no lights, so i unpluggd the handwarmers and then it worked. Dont know whats wrong with the warmers but it´s not so cold right now...

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
unplug your hand warmers and see if that make a difference because I that same kind of problem it proabably just a possitive wire touching metal and grounding out.[/b]

I had no lights, so i unpluggd the handwarmers and then it worked. Dont know whats wrong with the warmers but it´s not so cold right now...[/b]
thanks guys i will try that... did u unplug at the hand warmer or at the switch?????either way ill try it right now

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok well i found the problem and dan u were right soo were the other guys.......ok soo i unplug my hand warmers while sled was running.... notin.. i unplug the switch notin ...then i play with my lights... ah AHH they work. then i play with the gas and pop buy buy light bulbs

sioo anyone thats got a 04-07 sno pro voltage regulator let me know

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
i noticed my lights were dimmer than all hell, like, you actually had to look really closely at the bulbs to see a very slight orange glow, so i tryed unpluggin the tail light, figure maybe my stator had gone to shit and wasnt makin enough juice, that didnt do it, unplugged my tach,m that didnt do nuttin, turned the low beams on, that didnt do nuttin, just flipped my hand warmers off n then my lights brightened right back up. im guessing its a short in the switch, so im just going to try a new switch cuz i have like 5-6 toggle switches kickin around in the shop, if its not that then ill replace the voltage regulator, but if it was the voltage regulator i dont think JUST turning the hand warmers off would then make everything work how it is supposed2 again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts