Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Polaris Pro S 800, Polaris recommends 91 Octane, no ethanol. I cannot find that fuel combo, my choices are:
93 octane with Ethanol
Or
90 octane no Ethanol
Thoughts?

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
The 93 ethanol in non ethenol mode will make the most power. As long as your using the fuel rail Roy quickly you can run that and be ok. Just don’t store it with that in the tank. With that being said I run non eth fuel. Personally. But have run 93 eth. Without a problem

·
Registered
42,536 Posts
While i haven't kept up with these new cdi engines, polaris has always sent their sleds out in the past to run at least an 89 mid grade fuel....didn't matter whether e10 or non ethanol fuel. They can run on 87 from what i've been told if had to. As far as making more power on a higher grade fuel than 89...thats something else you'd need to try.

·
Registered
2018 xcr 600
117 Posts
I run 87 with no problem and have thousands of miles probably 6 different sleds only time I use high octane fuel is when I have to 🍻❄⛄🇺🇸

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I have a 2015 Polaris Pro S 800, Polaris recommends 91 Octane, no ethanol. I cannot find that fuel combo, my choices are:
93 octane with Ethanol
Or
90 octane no Ethanol
Thoughts?
I see that in the manual and on the recommended fuel. Since it's not available in most places in Northern MN, where they are made, that's hard to believe.

·
Premium Member
20 850 Assault and 21 Indy XC 650 137
3,081 Posts
93 E10 is perfectly fine, and preferred, in the 91 NON setting. If strictly using non ethanol fuel you need to add isopropyl alcohol to combat moisture. Ethanol fuel already has alcohol in it. Like others have mentioned, I don't store my stuff with the ethanol fuel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to all of you guys for your responses, to answer the one question about being on the fuel cap, yes it is. And in the manual.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I see that in the manual and on the recommended fuel. Since it's not available in most places in Northern MN, where they are made, that's hard to believe.
I ride all over northern MN and if you can't find 91 non-ox, you're not looking.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I ride all over northern MN and if you can't find 91 non-ox, you're not looking.
That is right, I’m not looking for it. The local stations around me all have a 91 rec/non oxy pump. But since I burn so much fuel, I never look for it, unless I’m on my last tank before storing it for the season.

In fact, the station closest to me only offers 91 rec, other than the 87 and 89. Out in woods, it’s hit or miss.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts