Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone that had a chance to see a Nightfire in person at one of the shows notice if the graghics on the Nightfire are reflective?

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
That is a good question. I am going to Grayling tomorrow I think and will check that out. I think you would have to have some reflectors on that stealth rocket !!!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree...my concern would be when crossing roads at night. We also have to cross some bridges on some pretty busy roads and it;s not a good time to be "stealth"...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not to be a smart ass, but wouldn't you think the headlights would give your location away. Also there are reflectors that are still required, and most people have some reflective piping on their gear. As an example, look at kodiakman76s sled, it appears to be daytime, but that reflector on the side is brighter then we think. Guess that could have something to do with the camera flash though.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Yes, but that camera flash would be like headlights. I think they are referring to the side view, for road crossings, the more visable the better!

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Are side marker reflectors not a mandatory requirement? I assumed that enough jurisdictions would have legislation requiring something for safety that it would be automatic. Its always dangerous to assume, though,isn't it.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I hope you wouldent stop your sled in the middle of a trail or in the middle of a road at night with any color sled... But even if you are pulled to the side of a trail the chances of getting hit are highly unlikeley, you will probably be with another sled and even if you werent you probably wouldent get hit anyways. I dont think that a black sled is a concearn. they have reflectors, headlights, and tailight.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I ordered Grandma one, I feel she'll be safe as she's always had black sleds, besides you can't hit what you can't see!!!! :D :D

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Yes, with reflectors it will be safe. Tail light, head light, and side reflectors will be easily visible. If you can't see that, your going to fast.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I think the nightfire would look good with silver grills, silver cc edge grips, chrome windsheild, white sliders and some white c&a skis! that would be one bad looking sled!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts