Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 280 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put in night trains kit last week befor the races on sunday...and it is just a rocket from 0-1000 feet now i got a 2005 F5 and never told anyone i put in his kit and just smoked every 500 and 600 stocks...the fastest 500 last year was a rev 500 ss and everyone was sayin it would beat me and i smoked it 4-6 lenths....the service was great he got the kit here as quick as he could and told me how set up my snowmobile and what to do....his kit is the best kit out there....his kit is awsome i would recament his kit over any other kit out there it is top of the line...we spoke over the phone a few times about information on his kit and then once i got his kit he called me and told me how to set it up for the races..the best service that i had when ever buying anything....if you want a rocking sled go night trains kit :buttrock: :buttrock:

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
O BOOOOY, I wish you were closer so we could so some :duel:

Mine's quick in 1000'. I can :bottom: almost any 600 in 1000'.

:flag_canada: :flag_usa:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im from dingwall, Nova Scotia...i beat a f6 i was really surprized about that

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
i beat a f6 i was really surprized about that[/b]
Well....I have never raced one, but I'm going to say no way mine is that quick.

Have you done anything besides clutch?? Details, details.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got night trains kit in to it...nothing elese done to the snowmobile...i seen 100 mph on my speedo also i love this kit

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
I think they run snow....so studs are probably no help.

Just to be realistic here don't get too used to beating F6's. It probably wasn't a runner if a clutched only F5 beat it.

N

·
0 Posts
i told him the same thing, a well set up f6 will walk from him , a well set up f6 will take a set up f7 in 660 if the f7 is not fast on the light ..

but yeah the f5 are strong also for 660 to 1000 feet..

heck our 440 snopro will take many 600 in 660

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
Oh, I hear you there. Kelly Shilts won the world series of ice in 03 with a 440. I think he won like 3 classes on the 440!

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
Originally posted by 05F5@Feb 11 2005, 03:12 PM
I put in night trains kit last week befor the races on sunday...and it is just a rocket from 0-1000 feet now i got a 2005 F5 and never told anyone i put in his kit and just smoked every 500 and 600 stocks...the fastest 500 last year was a rev 500 ss and everyone was sayin it would beat me and i smoked it 4-6 lenths....the service was great he got the kit here as quick as he could and told me how set up my snowmobile and what to do....his kit is the best kit out there....his kit is awsome i would recament his kit over any other kit out there it is top of the line...we spoke over the phone a few times about information on his kit and then once i got his kit he called me and told me how to set it up for the races..the best service that i had when ever buying anything....if you want a rocking sled go night trains kit :buttrock:  :buttrock:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=609659
[/quote]

Don't get be wrong, I believe his kit is REALLY strong, but I was just curious if you tried any other kits? ODS or anything? Any clutching can feel really strong from stock. How is the backshifting with his kit?
It would be cool to get a bunch of stock F5's lined up with diferent kits and see which is strongest.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Originally posted by Night-Train@Feb 11 2005, 04:51 PM
i told him the same thing, a well set up f6 will walk from him , a well set up f6 will take a set up f7 in 660 if the f7 is not fast on the light ..

but yeah the f5 are strong also  for 660 to 1000 feet..

heck our 440 snopro will take many 600 in 660
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=609738
[/quote]

So then your 440 will take an F7 ??

You guys are dreamers !!

104hp vs 140hp.......and the 440 wins.........O.K. !!!!!!!

The F6 beats the F7 and the 440 beats the F6.......Yaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

N

·
0 Posts
well racer i think you need to do more homework
yes a f6 will beat a f7 in drags to 660

and a 440 will beat a 600 no prob...

N

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by F7 Racer@Feb 11 2005, 07:21 PM
So then your 440 will take an F7 ??

You guys are dreamers !!

104hp vs 140hp.......and the 440 wins.........O.K. !!!!!!!

The F6 beats the F7 and the 440 beats the F6.......Yaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=610087
[/quote]

were did i say a 440 will take 700 ??

and a f6 is 122hp and f7 is 148
440 snopro 440 from 2004 is 111 hp and 2005 is 108hp

go back to the drawing board man ...

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
A stock 2005 F5 will beat a stock 2005 Rev 500ss top to bottom - Trust me
One of my best friends has a 2005 500ss - We must have raced twenty times one weekend in Tomahawk Wi - Even if he got the holeshot i still caught him - Maybe a sled length , not much , but i was there every time.We raced off line and rolling starts and top end - The 2005 F5 is faster - At least these two sleds - Not bragging or bashing , i love the ride of his sled , but just stating facts , the 2005 F5 is a quicker sled by a

Anyways Nighttrain - Glad to see your giving us 2005 F5 boys a little helping also
Not alot out there for clutch kits - Goodwin has one but thanx for taking the effort to put input into the 2005 F5 :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Anyone that cant clutch 148hp to beat 111hp is a joke !!!!

And before you go off and tell me about 440's.......I raced them for 6 years for Cat Cross County !!

I have an F6 now......In fact we where out today testing with 3 F6's and 1 440.....We just laughed at how slow the 440's are compared to the 6's !!!

N

·
0 Posts
racer read the dam post

man a f6 don't have 148 hp

as for a 440 beating a f6 . no prob. at all we don't it all last weekend
and so did my buddy Kelly on his rev440 ..

when you race drags its all on the times..
and reaction times of the driver and 60 foot times.

not knotting your head and go on the 3rd one. or lift your hand and go..

N

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by bee1971@Feb 11 2005, 07:43 PM
A stock 2005 F5 will beat a stock 2005 Rev 500ss top to bottom - Trust me
One of my best friends has a 2005 500ss - We must have raced twenty times one weekend in Tomahawk Wi - Even if he got the holeshot i still caught him - Maybe a sled length , not much , but i was there every time.We raced off line and rolling starts and top end - The 2005 F5 is faster - At least these two sleds - Not bragging or bashing , i love the ride of his sled , but just stating facts , the 2005 F5 is a quicker sled by a

Anyways Nighttrain - Glad to see your giving us  2005 F5 boys a little helping also
Not alot out there for clutch kits - Goodwin has one but thanx for taking the effort to put input into the 2005 F5  :beerchug:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=610133
[/quote]

this is why i bought a 440 to play with so it will give me some idea how to play with a 500 , as of right now i got the 500's rocking and I'm happy about that..

Jason really loved his kit , and his dad was freaked out also . he seen 100 mph on the speedo test running it the Friday before the races then the speedo craped out on them ...

so i know that the f5 i have it pretty good..
from 0 to 1000 feet...

this is all i do all winter this year i had to hire a not-her semi driver to work my swing shift so i can devote all my time on the kits for the sleds all sleds not just the firecats..

and owning my own trucking company give me the freedoms so i can do this..
it will all work out in the end once my web site is up and the guys like there kits.

there will be much more to come in the next week or so ..

thnx
Marc :div20:

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
I would love to see an f5 do 100mph. That one would have to be proven to me not just said.. and not saying it can't be done on pure ice.. on snow I am saying

1 - 20 of 280 Posts