Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Love the RS!!!

(can't believe you ride it with the autographed windshield though?)
LOL yea, i might just order the same winshield and put that one on the wall, not a mark on it and stickers come off easy. that sled is the most amazing sled to ride, does exactly 100mph on hard pack and handles perfect. was best looking sled n had to order in vegas for the wife.

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
I want to ride that area someday, no fish cop's to bother you at those speeds ? I would bring my turbo and leave my 2-stroke at home because the turbo cruises well at 80mph.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Very nice,we backpacked around the peninsula last year, heading that way as soon as I get the clutching straightened out on this 2016 zr 8000. Sled is new to me, brand new big lug track on it, so I am sure that will make me put the thinking cap on for clutching,took it for a rip and it's only using half the clutch

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Very nice,we backpacked around the peninsula last year, heading that way as soon as I get the clutching straightened out on this 2016 zr 8000. Sled is new to me, brand new big lug track on it, so I am sure that will make me put the thinking cap on for clutching,took it for a rip and it's only using half the clutch
Gear Down, your clutchs are torque sensing soo gear dwn and you will use your clutchs

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
You need a couple more gauges and screens lol. Glad you had fun bud! What’s the RS see for top speeds?
RS is amazing sled for a 600, hits EXACTLY 100mph on hard pack polished road...lol on grommed trail as you seen in photo 93-95mph with me at 220lbs on it. wife wont go more than 55mph... chicken!! lol
mine is 8000 ltd, ive got Next Stage Guages(ASUS NOTEBOOK) and 300 pod and go pro... if i roll it i take out a 100.00 winshield and 2000.00 of electronics!!! lol keep rubber side dwn!!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Awesome thought, you probably just saved me a bunch
once you gear dwn the sled moves easier and the clutchs will shift further, the only thing you should have to change after is sec spring to a stiffer one for back shift in the powder.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Everything you said is what is happening now, back shifts terrible as it is and really hard to control engine rpms at low speed. All makes sense. Just needed to hear it.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I think that quebec ride is world class, seriously, from accommodations to restaurants it's all about snowmobiles, glad our winters suck here, chased me up to up there, not for the faint of heart on the wallet, but if this is your hobby that is the place

·
Registered
2021 ZR8000RR
2,955 Posts
I think that quebec ride is world class, seriously, from accommodations to restaurants it's all about snowmobiles, glad our winters suck here, chased me up to up there, not for the faint of heart on the wallet, but if this is your hobby that is the place
it’s really not too bad if you’re not drinking a lot up there, beer and gas are the only thing expensive when we go. It’s 3.5 hours from my buddies front door to the hotel we stay at in Trois Rivieres, one of us pays for fuel for the weekend one pays for the hotel and we switch the next weekend. Maybe 250 bucks to do 500 miles easy on perfect empty trails in a weekend, I’ll take that over $100 for a day on tug hill any day.

·
Registered
2017 ZR 6000 Roger Skime
1,006 Posts
LOL yea, i might just order the same winshield and put that one on the wall, not a mark on it and stickers come off easy. that sled is the most amazing sled to ride, does exactly 100mph on hard pack and handles perfect. was best looking sled n had to order in vegas for the wife.
Yep, I took mine off the day I got it home. I put an all black one on. You can't order an RS windshield. I tried right after I got my sled.

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
you should, the sled will be a collectors item some day, very few of them out there and if something happened to the signed windshield, there goes $1K of value. :)

RS is amazing sled for a 600, hits EXACTLY 100mph on hard pack polished road...lol on grommed trail as you seen in photo 93-95mph with me at 220lbs on it. wife wont go more than 55mph... chicken!!
they certainly got that one right and of all the Procross sleds, it's the only one I'd like to have and use only on occasion.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it’s really not too bad if you’re not drinking a lot up there, beer and gas are the only thing expensive when we go. It’s 3.5 hours from my buddies front door to the hotel we stay at in Trois Rivieres, one of us pays for fuel for the weekend one pays for the hotel and we switch the next weekend. Maybe 250 bucks to do 500 miles easy on perfect empty trails in a weekend, I’ll take that over $100 for a day on tug hill any day.
For three days, three nights 2 sleds all gas 3 meals a day(which are fn amazing) and 900 miles riding works out to be 13-1400 canadian, single sled/person knock off 4-500.00 or more if sharing rooms

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
For three days, three nights 2 sleds all gas 3 meals a day(which are fn amazing) and 900 miles riding works out to be 13-1400 canadian, single sled/person knock off 4-500.00 or more if sharing rooms
Don't worry about the wallet... worry about GAS. 1600 mile saddlebag loop last year, I ran out two days in a row (up to Chibougamau and back down). Thank goodness for the Skidoo 900T's getting 16+ mpg or I may STILL be there.

... they came back for me with more gas.

If you go (and you should) - I'd avoid that loop up there.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
going next sunday to wedsday, notre dam d'nord-rouyn noranda to Amos. Amos to matagami and back, Amos -sennatar to Val Dor. Val dor to truck wednesday. @1800

1 - 20 of 27 Posts