Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-22F this morning, heard it was -40 in the valley. High for today was a balmy -8F
But it was sunny and beautiful. This pic was taken in Stowe looking toward Madonna mtn

tonight is supposed to be even colder. Brrrrrr.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
forgot to say we had another problem with the XC600 this morning.. As both sleds were warming up, the overheating light lit up on the XC. Shut it down to check it out.. Coolant reservoir was full, engine head was hot, but all hoses and coolers ice cold. I thought at first the coolant had froze.. Left it 10 min or so, and started it back up. This time it circulated normally, and hoses warmed up. Didn't have any problems the rest of the day. Still not positive, but I suspect the thermostat stuck. At least that's what I hope it was. Tonight is supposed to be colder than last night so I guess I'll find out in the morning.

The F7? Oh yea, it started on about the 4th or 5th pull, warmed up and ran perfect all day. B)
Love that EFI :wub:

·
Registered
575 Posts
Damn I wish we had trails like that around here.... We can only afford the smallest groomers you can get and they go right over the top of the bumps, and you'll be lucky to find a trail where you can fit two sleds side by side comfortably.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Rob that sure does look sweet, the trails look really smoooooth!!!, nice background also

S

·
0 Posts
Groomed trails? what are those? my butt is still sore from the last ride! Looks pretty nice around there.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Sounds a lot like Northern Maine weather. I left at -20F with a 25 mph wind and came home at -12 with a 30 mph wind. 225 miles. But, The trails were perfect, no traffic, beautiful sunshine, great running AC, and good company. And did I mention great food. It doesn't get any better than that. Great day to try out the northern Quebec cold weather gear. It worked. B) :p :lol:

·
Registered
514 Posts
We unloaded and took off it was -29F. 9 miles into the ride one of the guys with us had patches of frostbite on his face :(

did 138 miles, it finally warmed up to -2 and then the wind started kickin up, so it was pretty cold all day. Great trails though, flat and hard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts