Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it’s starts this weekend. I’m going to be watching. Any thoughts out there on the potential winner, the format, next season being shorter, etc.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think we won’t see any of this BLM support from Nhlers but who knows. I just hope they can get through it and declare a Cup winner. With the extended time off it’s anybody’s guess what teams will be hot and which won’t. The 2 cities they are plaging in a very controlled for Covid infections so that should help. It’s going to be weird watching hockey at this time of year.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Was so good to watch a game. A bit weird though to was a very quiet and empty game. No fans. Even catch the players glaring up a few times to the emptiness.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I agree it’s different but nice to watch hockey live again. Toronto had no problem with Montreal last night but it was a warmup.

·
Registered
2021 VR1 850!! In 137"
1,188 Posts
They must have crowd noise coming through the PA system. I watched the game last night and there was what seemed to be crowd noise. Would think that would help. Wonder if they have a net full of hats to drop if and when that happens?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think we won’t see any of this BLM support from Nhlers but who knows. I just hope they can get through it and declare a Cup winner. With the extended time off it’s anybody’s guess what teams will be hot and which won’t. The 2 cities they are plaging in a very controlled for Covid infections so that should help. It’s going to be weird watching hockey at this time of year.
Well, there you go. Just watched it live from the Edmonton/Chicago game.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep can’t believe some of the first game upsets. Going to be interesting and with the first round only best of 5 they better regroup or some will be out before they wake up. I was totally wrong on the political nonsense. The BLM movement is just as prevalent in hockey as the other sports. Why can’t they just play hockey?

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Leaf’s were better today not a fan but at least they are going to make a series out of it. As a matter of fact a lot of series now look like they will be interesting. That fall didn’t look like much in the Leaf game to take him out like that? Hopes he’s ok.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Some big upsets in the making. The Hawks and the Habs big wins yesterday. Going to be interesting.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hawks get Vegas next. Be nice to see them do well. The Leafs are overachieving so far. Is there a miracle in the making. Hope not too hard to take their fans.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Wing and a prayer. Vegas is deep. Chicago is not. Hope for the best. Lehner and Fleury vs Crawford and Subban. Gonna need some puck luck.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wing and a prayer. Vegas is deep. Chicago is not. Hope for the best. Lehner and Fleury vs Crawford and Subban. Gonna need some puck luck.
I agree but you have to admit Crawford looked good so far. I’m hoping. I think the long lay off will help the Hawks with the age of their top guns. Being able to play Kane and Teows on different lines helps.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts