Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I have to work in the am. If I get there around 10:30 or 11, which is the best way to get in to avoid a 3 mile line? Or skip work and get there early??

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Got a room Booked for Friday Night about 20 min away.

I will be there Sat morning when the gates open god willing 😎👍👍🇺🇲

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Whatcha order for a trailer??
Was there today Rave X was awesome
Nice , I missed Rave x yesterday was too busy spending money 🤑😆.
I went with a Nitro Xsport 101x12' ....was gonna do a blizzard hybrid until I saw that nitro for not much more.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes it was great to see things somewhat back to normal without the masks. Gear inventory seemed a little light a lot of manufacturers waiting like everyone else to get there 2022 supply in still scored some new Klim bibs. Rave X was missing sleds this year anyone know why ? All and all a great time and gets the juices flowing for sledding season

·
Registered
498 Posts
Yes it was great to see things somewhat back to normal without the masks. Gear inventory seemed a little light a lot of manufacturers waiting like everyone else to get there 2022 supply in still scored some new Klim bibs. Rave X was missing sleds this year anyone know why ? All and all a great time and gets the juices flowing for sledding season
I was wondering about the Rave X show. I was in the VAST booth all weekend and didn't see any of the show but whenever I walked by, all I saw were bikes. I haven't seen attendance numbers but Saturday was crazy. I didn't buy anything. Thought about a new helmet but wasn't in love with anything. I'll be at the Maine show in a couple of weeks so maybe I'll see something there.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I was wondering about the Rave X show. I was in the VAST booth all weekend and didn't see any of the show but whenever I walked by, all I saw were bikes. I haven't seen attendance numbers but Saturday was crazy. I didn't buy anything. Thought about a new helmet but wasn't in love with anything. I'll be at the Maine show in a couple of weeks so maybe I'll see something there.
Thanks for representin'. Did you get much action at the booth, other than " When is free weekend?"

·
Registered
498 Posts
Thanks for representin'. Did you get much action at the booth, other than " When is free weekend?"
It was crazy at times. We had over 200 entries for the free TMA give away on Saturday alone. It's always a good time. We tried to get pictures of as many of the VAST members who stopped by as possible. The plan is to do a spread in the magazine, hopefully the next issue. There is always a lot of questions about free weekend and questions about why our TMAs cost more. The cost questions have gone down some as NH and ME have started raising their prices. There are always people who are surprised that we have over 4500 miles of trails. Having the big, man cave map set up is a real conversation starter. Many people are surprised when I tell them that the far southwest corner of state is one of our busiest areas for riding. Overall, I think its important for VAST to be at the show. To me, it is the center of the New England snowmobile universe and a real kick off to the season. A lot of our members attend so it's a great way to meet with people who may not go to the annual meeting and it's a great place to show off what we have to offer.

·
Registered
2012 TZ1 Touring
1,077 Posts
I stopped by on Saturday to check in, you were very helpful. Hoping to check out Vermont trails this winter, we have ridden Maine and NH, would be great to try a new area. The three day pass will be something we will likely take advantage of.

·
Registered
2020 Indy XCR 850
515 Posts
I live in Eastern NY. I always used to get the VAST pass. Great trail system. My issue is the newsletter they sent out was always full of letters to the editor complaining about the out of state riders. We ride the trails less and pay more than in state riders. They should have been thanking us. My friends and I decided they didn’t need our money and went elsewhere.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
I live in Eastern NY. I always used to get the VAST pass. Great trail system. My issue is the newsletter they sent out was always full of letters to the editor complaining about the out of state riders. We ride the trails less and pay more than in state riders. They should have been thanking us. My friends and I decided they didn’t need our money and went elsewhere.
My suggestion dont take it personal....Im from CT and have ridden VT since I was a kid. Never had anybody treat me crappy for being out of state. Even last year.
However I will say that over the years I have witnessed many idiots riding off trail and some have been local VT kids but many and the majority are Idiots from NY, MA, and CT. And thats just the facts. These idiots never do trail work or talk to landowners and dont care one bit if the trail ive ridden for 20 years gets shut down. I saw it last year in Woodford firsthand when I confronted people on multiple occasions.
And no offense but plenty of us out of state people will gladly pay Vast membership. So if you think you are hurting Vast by not buying a membership or two over a couple of letters to the editor, got news for ya , you're not. 🤷‍♂️
Why would they thank us? The price for a TMA is nothing for the amount of trails we ride and the work it takes....get real.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts