Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
i have noticed a huge improvement with these plugs in a modified toyota supra turbo i used to have. i tried standard champions, bad misfire. also tried bosch platinums, not as bad but under boost still couldnt keep it lit. switched to iridium and totally eliminated the problem. i also read a recent dyno test in a reliable mustang magazine and they gained 12 rwhp by switching to these. i think in most applications not much improvement, but with high cylinder pressures like forced induction there are gains to be had. i currently run fine wire ngk's in my ultra and notice a slight improvement in throttle response so i will be trying the iridiums this year.

·
Registered
51 Posts
For NGK the lower the number the hotter the burn, I would be care full with stock pistons, you could burn a hole in them. The octain # in fuel makes a difference also. Lower number faster hotter burn higher number slower cooler burn.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Originally posted by toyotajoe@Mar 17 2003, 12:56 AM
Has anyone tried the NGK Iridium?

How about any other popular name performance plug?
I tried them in a 99 zr700, they suck! I fouled them in 40 miles. That is the worst fowling record in history for me. Stick with the stock br9** and youll have the best bang for your buck.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Originally posted by mean cat@Nov 8 2003, 08:37 PM
What is the difference between br9 and br6.. would it be ok to run the br6 in the f7?
The br6 is signifcantly hotter than the br9. You wouldn't get very far running them in your F7. Typically one plug number to the next has a similar temperature effect to changing one main jet. I used to carry 8s, 9s and 10s with my carbed sleds. I would run the 9s most of the time, but if it got really cold I would use the 10s. For spring riding I would also occasionaly use the 8s. The only plug I have run in my EFI sleds is the br9eya.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts