Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the NGK BR9EVX platinum plugs last week. I have an 00 ZL5 so what I don't spend on insurance I spend on gadgets :). I did not think they would make any difference but they were a nice crispy mid range wake up call for my sled. Has any one tried these? Nice, noticeable crisper throttle response with these plugs. Switched back to the BR9EYA's just to be sure and the difference was consistent.

Mark

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm running a 00 ZR500 + (711) this year and am using the evx plugs only minimal cost increase but when you want the thing to run at it's best use the best.
Good luck and good sledding.

WHA

·
Registered
79 Posts
When I had my 98 ZR500, I ran the EV's. Never tried the platinum, but I really liked those plugs. Only thing I didn't like about them was the screw on caps. :)

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
+711? Is that the engine or kit from D&D or Black Magic?

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
How about the NGK Iridium plugs. BR9EIX is the model for AC's. These are said to be one step better than Platinum and sell for $8.95 CAD (~USD5.80). I'm going to try a set in my BR9EYA equipped ZR8 this winter. A minor investment when you consider it never fouled a plug all last winter and I ran the stock set for the duration. :)

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
AC900,
I'd stay way from any non-resistor type plug to avoid any ill effects to electronics in the vicinity, possibly including your own CDI.
Stick with BR type plugs. In case you aren't aware, the R in the plug code stands for Resistor.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yea I Know they where non resister just wondering what the dif. was in the egv and the evx was.
Thanks Muskoka800 do you know?

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Sorry, I'm not familiar with those plug codes. However, if you go to Snowmobileworld.com and check there tech board you'll find an article on NGK. Each letter and number refers to something. Perhaps those codes explained there.
Good Luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts