he is going to call me later when they take the covers off

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
You da man! anxiously awaiting :huh: ;)

·
Registered
437 Posts
whats his number or will u fill us iN! Dude Sabercat Dang thats a cool name. What is all this direct drive though? and tell me if he finds more about the "fcat thing" with the black rear end.

·
Registered
437 Posts
wow, ied give like lots of money to go on that cruse well maby i would i still have to save up for my f6 next year. If i went on the cruse ied have to look at the f6 in the store like i did this year :(.

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will post anything eles he tells me

the direct drive system has a smaller secondary clutch with a gear system that connects to the drivestaft directly below the secondary eliminating the chain case. he also said that it had some kind of wierd reverse set up and a huge car like rotor on the right side of the sled

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Originally posted by GF7PE@Feb 24 2003, 02:44 PM
Just got off the phone with dan from the outdoor shop

He said everything was still covered up but could see the following

1. there will be a type of direct drive

2. zl's are sabercats

3. 1 sled had all black rear suspension "fcat something"

4. long track setup with orange belly pans

he is going to call me later when they take the covers off
Awesome! Thanks Man! I will be glued to this site and my eyes will soon look like this --> :wacko:

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no word yet. I was told a while back that the zr will be completely redesigned based on the fcat but completely different. the direct drive will be in the zr chassis whatever that is ( i think )

·
Registered
362 Posts
the direct drive system is a smaller back clutch and gear box set-up that ac bought from the diamond co. a few years back.diamond made it to fit cats.
it eliminates the jack shaft,chain and gears,chain case housing.another great weight saving idea.

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mark white

thats exactly what dan said

pics if they can get internet access from the boat or key west, I think thats the first stop

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Ive heard zr900 direct drive-Firecats in carb or efi-crosslink suspension as a option on firecats-and a hellcat 4 stroke-also hearing no direct drive on firecats just zr900-Now if im wrong please dont jump on my ass!!!This is just what i heard-scott

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.