OK :huh: An 1170 triple with a single pipe :lol:

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
ha ha you guys are funny

·
Registered
720 Posts
Yeah, and who would believe a 140 hp, 700 at 460 lbs!! Sure! Oh, woops, that already happened. :eek:

I will believe anything these days, as soon as I see it. ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HERES YOUR DAILY LESSON IN MARKETING
ALL MANUFACTURERS WENT BACK TO TWIN CYL SLEDS
CAT STAYED WITH THE TRIPLES TILL 2002
BECAUSE THERE WAS STILL A MARKET FOR THEM
BEEN RIDIN SINCE 1970
HOW MANY TRENDS HAVE I SEEN
BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN TRIPLES AND TWINS

NEXT LESSON IN MARKETING
WE ALL SEE THE RESULTS IN TRYING TO GET HIGH H.P. FROM A TWIN CYL
THESE MOTORS HAVE TO BE BUILT REALLY TIGHT
THUS MORE CHANCE FOR FAILURE
TRIPLES DONT NEED TO BE BBUILT THAT TIGHT
THERES NO SUBSITUTE FOR H.P.

FINAL LESSON
ARCTIC CAT WILL NOT PUT OUT A SLED WITH 1170CC WITH TRIPLE PIPES
MAJOR INSURANCE PROBLEMS
AFTERMARKET PIPES FOR THAT WILL PUSH IT TO 230-240 H.P.
CAT WONT MARKET A SLED WITH THAT MUCH H.P.
THUS PLACING THE INSURANCE BURDEN ON PIPE MANUFACTURERS
AND US

THIS MOTOR IS IN THE WORKS
ONLY TIME WILL TELL
BUT BE ASSURED TRIPLES ARE NOT GONE FOREVER
THEY WILL BE BACK

·
Registered
827 Posts
gee i wonder why cat dropped the t-cat,maybe because there is no need for tripples anymore,,

·
Premium Member
2,610 Posts
Hey Boys you never know..alot of people still like there triples..it would be a smart move for Cat.

S

·
0 Posts
900EFI in a new body style... combination between the F and ZR

They can't wedge their 1000 into the F body for 2005 so you'll see a new body here tomorrow for the new 900EFI

·
Registered
17 Posts
What results are we seeing from a high horse power twin being built to tight. This motor is not tighter in any clearances throughout the motor than any other average motor. It is new in design. A motor is nothing more than an air pump. The more air it is able to move thru it, the more power it is capable of making. Suzuki does this thru induction and exaust, porting ,timing and efficient fuel metering. For the most part, This motor has already proven to be reliable. Olny a small percentage have had real problems. Give cat some time and this motor will be as bullet proof as any. It makes no scence to go back to the weight of a triple now. I bet they can get close to 200 reliable horse power out of a 900 with the same type of design as the 700. Just give them some time. Triples may not be out but, there will continue to be a larger demand for lightweiht high horespower twins.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Was talking with a buddy of mine last nite. He was out riding last weekend when a guy on a Firecat pulled up. Sled had F9 graphics on it. Guy said it wa an '04. Anybody else, I'd say they were full of it, but my bud don't B.S.

A.N.M.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Originally posted by arcticrider600@Feb 23 2003, 02:07 PM
they only have that new sabercat, supercharged 4 stroke, and the f6... dealers are leaving on the cruise next weekend
Actually I understand the cruise is the 25th (Tuesday) we should know what new sleds are by Wednesday at the latest

1 - 20 of 27 Posts