Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
I believe I have spent my last snowmobile dollar in Newport. Normally that is a gas/food stop for us. I guess we can now do both in another town. Does anyone know who/where in Newport I, and others of like mind, migth e-mail my postion?

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Originally posted by dgree@Sep 22 2005, 09:36 AM
Hi yo momma how are ya? Gonna sled this year?

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=886795
[/quote]

Doin great! How ya been?! Didn't sell the sled so I'll be ridin and marking the trails around Walden! :div20:

·
Registered
443 Posts
:augen41: POLITICS aSTEP BACKWARDS,It's hard to say we own our land when Big Brother taxes us and controls what we then do with our land.We have the same problems in our state, but the rate is much higher.Know your polititions before you vote for them. :eek:oh4:

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
So I've been working on this a little bit and have heard back from the trail coridinator of the Country Trail Riders. I was a little tough on him as you'll see. Heres what he has to say. The out come is they are working on it.

Hello Don,
yes, i am the trail coordinator and we are aware of this and on the surface there may not appear to be much going on but this is high on the priority list, very high. i do not know the gentleman but many board members do. they are acutely aware of this. if asked i am willing to assist in any way as it appears you are. i was not aware of the national news. is there a website or something i could look at? i also know many fellow farmers and extended family members watching what goes on, as are the snowmobilers. you will probably know the outcome about the time i do. i will save you email and keep you in mind if needed.
talk later,
jeff ballou
trail coordinator
country riders
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My response

Hi Jeff, nice to meet you.
Here's the site, The post is under U.S. Snomobile, forums. Look under VT.
http://www.hardcoresledder.com/index.php
Please notice how many views this post has.

I'm not on the board of any clubs so not sure of the politics.

Why are you waiting til your asked for help.
Who is the person thats goes to you for your assitance? or to ask for your help?

You can consider my email asking for your help.

I don't know the land owner myself but was going to visit the owner myself and show him the web site. Just so he can see our concern.
I'll hold off... but ready and willing.

Thank you
Don Green
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don,
the club had a board meeting, assigned emissaries, ... we'll see in time
talk later, jeff.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks Jeff, sounds like a plan. Good luck to them
I talked with some Holland farmers this past weekend and we discussed the Meads. I guess they can be pretty tough in there ways. I think all farmers are tough anyway, its a hard buisness.

Thanks for the update and the best of luck.
Don

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Hey gaderx, I'll catch up with ya some time, deffintly plan a ride for this year.

Hey Yo momma, does that mean you'll make the HCS ride this year? Maybe we should ride toward your area, instead of the NEK? Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Nah...........the trails are better up there...............I hope to be there this year for the ride! :banana:

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Originally posted by mod 9nh@Sep 19 2005, 06:00 PM
Hey!  here's another solution, maybe all the people that want the old farm cleaned up could amass a barn "raising"(as in tear it down and dispose of it).  if they worked with the farmer, maybe everyone could come out on the positive side! Also, if they look at the time of year, the guy doesn't have a spare moment to clean up the mess.  :cn:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=882394
[/quote]
There you go!...............That's a great idea. would be a great gesture. This guy must be a republican, he offers a solution instead of whining. I don't even ride in Vt but I'd chip in a couple days for the cause.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Originally posted by zr656@Sep 24 2005, 04:13 PM
I believe I have spent my last snowmobile dollar in Newport.  Normally that is a gas/food stop for us.  I guess we can now do both in another town.  Does anyone know who/where in Newport I, and others of like mind, migth e-mail my postion?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=890355
[/quote]
I'm sure if you googled the town of Newport, you could find an address to try. Start there they will tell you if you're talkin to the right peeps.

Town Clerk: Denise Daigle, 802-334-6442, PO Box 85 Newport Center, VT 05857
Sound like a nice girl :banana:

·
Registered
400 Posts
If this is the farmer I think it is,he deserves a tremendous amount of respect. This guy has allowed us to pass through his land for YEARS... What can we we do to help him..
Is this guy a french canadien decent? If so.. this farmer is the the most fantastic land-owner I have encountered . Please Respond.
I have a tale to tell

·
Registered
137 Posts
Im not sure but I talked to the club president and he told me that things were all set. I maintain a section of trail that leads up to a part of the closure. The signs and stakes were up on the part near me also. The season is coming soon but there is still alot of blowdowns in the trail from the October storm.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts