Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys... I am a noob here. I have always wanted a snowmobile and now my parents have moved to a climate which can utilize a snowmobile up near Ottawa. I would love to get a sled but not sure where to start or which to get, or even how much I should look at spending in order to get something worth wild.

Online I have found a couple..

'92 Artic Cat Pantera 440 for 1795
'93 Artic Cat Pantera 550 EFI for 1995
'97 Artic Cat Panther 550 for 2495

2500 is the most I would like to spend.... are any of these good deals ? Am I off my ass to think I can get something good for 1500-2500 range ?

Thanks guys..

Scott

·
Premium Member
2,030 Posts
I would try to stick to the $2500 range if that is what you can truely afford and still be able to buy gas. Don't spend all your money on the sled and not have any left to get it out and enjoy it. $2500 should get you a 1999 or maybe a 2000 the newer the better in this game. With the advances in engines and suspensions buy as new as you can. Good Luck.

·
Registered
55 Posts
No your not crazy!
I don't know what the sled market is like in Ottawa but in Manitoba you can get a pretty nice machine for 2500 bucks.
Just keep it real like the other guys said save some cash for gas,plates,trail pass and stuff.
Don't mean to scare you but make sure you get it checked out by some one who knows about used sleds, you can find a lot of good used machines, but watch out for somebody elses problems. Good luck! :div20:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.