Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2016 zr 9000 turbo. I put a new wiring loom in and when I tried to start it the gauge, break light and ignition are that works. The head light , knock light and fuel pumps are not working. I checked the power at the fuse box and it is there. I have also checked the fuses etc. And ideas before I rip this apart again??

·
Registered
635 Posts
Maybe if the loom is too tight or putting pressure on the wires the pins in the plugs are being pulled and losing contact. I've seen that happen when wiring harnesses are too short.

·
Registered
865 Posts
you installed a complete new harness? or just added or replaced the plastic loom that protects the wire harness? Check for power and ground at the fuel pump yet?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I replaced the entire loom and checked the fuel pumps also rechecked the TD switch connections as well as the loom ground. I changed the plugs,coils and still wont start on it's own.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Do you have your old harness, can you compare the 2 of them side by side, plugs, pins, wires, etc etc.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya. I do have the old loom. I did put them side by side. I am starting to think an injector is bad. Because it starts and sounds terrible and than shuts down. I put a new regulator on and ave good pressure. Also checked the fuel lines. I shimed the valves as well. I don't know were to look next.

·
Registered
174 Posts
When i had my engine out last summer, and put it back in, first fired it up it ran real bad, then found one of the injector plugs wasn't quite all the way pushed on tight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts