Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.ruoutside.com/tundra-boot.html

Here we go again. Sizing can get "creative" from the manufactures-thought I'd save you a call based on a lot of PM's I receive on sizing our boots. If you have a true size foot (exact size-runs the same for the majority of footwear you purchase) go up one size for our TRUNDRA or BT boots-and for best performance use a lightweight wool (or synth) sock. If you have SmartWool, ect. you are fine-if not, try our Sonic SplitWeight ™ which works for all your footwear. Why? The boot will keep your foot warm IF it's dry-that is the job of the sock (for the most part). For those with a half size (like me) here you go: order 1 1/2 size up. So, a 10 1/2 should get a 12. Remember the boot will break in a bit for you-they should be JUST snug at first. A good method is to remove the liner, put it on, and stand. You want your toe to be up to the front but not much. If it JUST touches-you'll be ok. Back a bit-fine again. WAY back-say the width of two fingers-too big unless you use a really thick sock (not recommended for most-those who need it know who they are).

We get a lot of questions on how to fit boots-at snow shows it's far and away the number one thing we do-so we wanted to assist here for those who need new gear. It really stinks to open the box when tha shipment comes and stuff does not fit! So again, I hope this helps.

As always, thanks to Dan and you all for your e-mails, cards, comments, and interest in RUO.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Duh! Sometimes I wonder about myself. Forgot to mention that there is a 2mm footbed insert INSIDE the liner. It adds a bit of custom ability to fit your boot as follows: leave it inside the liner-takes up a bit of space for 2) remove it and place it under the liner to get just a bit more "toe" room, and 3) remove it all together for the most room. Any of these 3 options will not affect the performance of the boot at all-the liner is simply there to assist you in getting the best fit possible.

We need a rather LARGE snowdance east of the Mississippi.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Jim-
IM not sure if you remember me, but I met you at the Novi snowmobile show. My name was David and I was there with my father and picked up a set of your BT boots. I have been meaning to say thank you for your excellent customer service skills and the willingness to work with me on what I needed to best suit my active style of riding. Well i have 300+ miles on those boots and all I have to say is thanks for not steering me in the wrong direction. They work great and I am a customer that will gladly hand over my hard earned money to an honest and polite man such as yourself anytime. Unlike other boots such as BAffin and OEM boots, yours were warm, comfortable, light and what means the most to me is WATERPROOF!. Thanks again and have a safe riding season.
-David Flore

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I remember well. Thanks for the kind words and we're quite pleased it's working out for you.
We had a great time at NOVI, I met a ton of customers, made new friends, and am already looking foward to next year.
Thanks again.
jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts