Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new trailer and I am trying to figure out how to protect it. I have a Mission 7x12 inline V nose trailer. It is designed to have the two sleds staggered with ride on front and ride off rear. I have a track mat and ski glides on the front ramp for loading, but after just two trips out I see my rear ramp and trailer floor deck is getting pretty chewed up from the studs and carbides. Now, back when I had a Sno Pro side by side V nose I just drove on and backed off. The sleds were always in the same place so I had track mats in the center where the sleds traveled and sat with glides on either side. But with my new trailer, The sleds are always somewhere different inside and are being moved around inside to get into position, so there is no set place to install mats for protection. It seems the only way is replace the floor every few years or cover the whole thing with matting. Any ideas???

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had spray on bedliner (line X) installed it works great.Then put the track grips on top of that so the studs dont tear it up.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I took some of my old modified race tires and cut the sidewalls out and screwed them down to the trailer bed. My studded tracks don't spin at all!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting ideas. I guess just replacing every few is the easiest. Too bad the trailer came with 5 year plywood. Will have to keep thinking...

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
screwing down plywood will do just as much damage as studs.... well almost...[/b]
Wrong. Screw down some 1/4" plywood as stated before. I did this back in 2004 on my new 24' in-line (I posted this back then also) and the plywood is tore up BUT the original floor is untouched other than a few 1/8" dia screw holes. Studs and carbides will do way more damage than screw holes.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was thinking of going to tractor supply and getting some rolled rubber sheets. Then I could just cover the deck with it. It would not only protect, but it would add traction when moving around inside.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Anythingset on the floor, "flat" on the bottom side, will hold moisture and rot the floor unless it's got bedliner or sealed some how. Old tracks with internal drive lugs on the bottom solves that problem, and had great traction.
I sawed the center belt off to lighten up the tracks on my ramps. I like that bed liner idea, what'd that cast $$$ ?

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Anythingset on the floor, "flat" on the bottom side, will hold moisture and rot the floor unless it's got bedliner or sealed some how. Old tracks with internal drive lugs on the bottom solves that problem, and had great traction.
I sawed the center belt off to lighten up the tracks on my ramps. I like that bed liner idea, what'd that cast $$$ ?[/b]
Pulled up a piece last year, no rot. The 1/4" plywood is exterior grade but NOT treated which in turn allows it to breathe when I "dry out" the trailer with the doors open. I see your point but after 3 seasons, no problems. I myself prefer a smooth floor as the trailer is used for lawn equiptment, etc.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have seen a couple trailers that the owners went to Fleet Farm and bought some of the thick rubber mats that go in horse trailers. They cut them to fit and take them out to clean them. Maybe not a bad idea.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The decking is 50 year treated so I didn't think it would rot with rubber mounted on it, but then again mayby that is a point as it certainly would hold moisture. I too like it flat so that I can use the trailer for other things.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts