Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting a new track on my 2000 Thundercat and have a few questions. I'm thinking of the 1" Hacksaw track. I don't want to go over a 1" track. My current track is fully clipped and every window is open. The Hacksaw track is clipped every third with every third window closed. What are the benifits of this design?

I also will probably run 1.175 studs, anybody run any longer with a 1" track. Do you have to run front heat exchanger protectors with the larger lug height and longer studs?

OK last question, I was thinking of running an 8" wheel kit also. Performance Machine Engeneering has a kit. What I'm concerned with is weight transfer with the larger wheels, I think the torque stops have to be changed. I don't want to loose traction with the larger wheel.

Thanks
t-man

·
Banned
995 Posts
:beerchug: BUY A NEW FIRECAT, YOU WON,T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT BIGGER WHEELS. JUST GET THE PARACHUTE FOR BIG MOOSE LAKE...........YEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Tman.........

I have heard of guys going to 1.175 myself on a track with lugs of that hight(no probs). Take the tork stops right out and let her fully shift if you are worried about loss of traction. One more thing if it's not an f9 keep the T and thats Mr. :div20:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went with the 1" Hacksaw 9009h which is a Pace 3 clip config, every window open with every third clipped. The track is 33 lbs and I will be running the 1.175 studs. I was also told to keep away from the 8" wheel kit, possible studs hitting the tunnel in the rear with weight transfer. I use this sled for trail riding.

Also Performance Machine Engineering is out of business but, you can still find their wheel kits out there yet.

Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts