Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 XF800 137
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a shop close by that builds these..

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Looks cool....can you put bigger wheels on it so that could be rolled across uneven ground?,or does it work ok like that

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Does its design allow you to run the track while lifted fully?

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
fast600

I bought a marr-lift. I wish I had boudgt it a long time ago. You can run the sled on it safely,and it is the winch type like a come a long.It makes working on the sled so much easier and enjoyable. It weighs 65 lbs so its not to heavy. I love it !! Glad your enjoying it !!
Jim

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have made a half dozen steel ones for me and my friends that are similar in design. Anyone with a welder can whip one up in a couple of hours. It certainly is great for working on the sled and also takes the pressure off the springs for storage. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
168 Posts
fast 600

What type of winch crank is that? Can you crank it down without risk of breaking your knuckles?

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Is it all right to have them sit on there lets say all summer ? I guess what I am asking is the place where it is holding it, strong enough over time ?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Fast 600, Does the aluminum sled lift you have provide good stability? I guess what I'm wondering is if I run the track and the sled shakes a little will this sled lift move around enough to make me nervous that it's not made for that?

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
That is a great price. I paid $200 for a STeel one for my go kart that I race and no wheels on that. I think I might need to buy one of those. Thanks for the info. We out to see if they will anozided those for us.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Can I get some inside measurements, email me if you want. Reason I ask is that I have vintage sleds and they are different sizes. Some with 15" tracks, some with 18" tracks.

·
Registered
2021 VR1 850, 18 Tiger 8000, 17 RS 6000, 16 ZR 6000, 12 F1100T, 11 EXT 800, 09 Z1 Turbo, 05 ZR 900
10,201 Posts
I'm going to start living the good life, I'm buying one no more leaning over for this aching S.O.B. :div20:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts