Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, just picked up a 2008 600rr. Wanted to get it fixed up over the summer and had a few compatibility questions:

1. I’m in need of a new front end, and see that almost everything ‘16 and older will work. Will a front end from the ‘17 and newer IQR’s work? I see that the reservoirs on the ‘18 and newer are inward, so if the a-arms would work, then I’ll have to get the shocks, or non-reservoir shocks.

2. Will the extrovert drivers from an IQR work? I think I read somewhere that the knubs on the racer are different and the IQR extroverts wouldn't work? I see that I can get the drivers from an older REV, but don’t really want to deal with pressing the old ones out, and pressing the new ones in if I don't have to.

3. Is there anything I can do to keep the starter rope from destroying the console? I had a REV back in the day, and was able to buy an insert that kept the rope from rubbing the plastic away. Does anyone make a similar insert? I looked everywhere, and couldn’t find anything.

4. Has anyone installed tunnel protectors? I see that they’re not absolutely necessary, but I would like to be on the safe side if I decide to put a 1.75” track with studs. I'm guessing drilling and riveting some protectors in place is the process?

5. When these first came out, one of my friends bought one and destroyed his chaincase in a matter of months...is there anything I could do to prevent the chaincase from exploding? I see on JSpowersports that the chaincase is prone to breaking around the lower bearing retaining clip.

So far I got new carb boots, airbox boots, going to re-jet, the jack shaft was already done, the jack shaft bolt does look to be rubbing on the airbox though. The gas tank does look to be rubbing on the frame more than normal...I’ll see what might be causing that once I start tearing it apart.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I just ordered some Ski-Doo drivers. The part number has been changed to 504152848

Hopefully they work.

Also, I heard that the Nytro has the same diameter shaft as the ski-doo and Polaris 600rr, so maybe the extroverts from the Nytro would work?

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
1-The trick on the front end is the change from Standard to Metric. I am not sure on the Axys and newer front end parts to use, but when you go to the 10-14 you need the bushings and bolts from that year. Shock length is also different, but you can slug yours down to resolve that concern.

2-Extroverts from an IQR will work. Not sure if the shaft is the same as I had an IQR I converted to an RR and not the other way around. Check the Polaris microfiche site and you should find that out.

3-Pull the rope straight out. Only other option would be to add another guide loop closer to the plastics. I just got used to pulling mine the direction away from the plastics.

4-Same process as any other sled. I gutted my crossover tube and added a complete extra cooler in the back. These run hot otherwise. Scratchers are your friend.

5-Never had a problem. Maintain your stuff and it should be fine.

As for the jackshaft rubbing, that is because the box wasn't seated right. It is a shit show to figure out how to get it on but once you do then every other time it is much easier.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts