Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone I just picked up a mint zr4000rr with only 288 miles on it completely stock. I want to get it ready for winter in wi. I know it has a cobra 1.352 track 2.86 pitch I believe. Anyone use the I grips screw into lugs? Otherwise how do I stud this as country cat in mn says cat don't recommen studding this sled is what they tell me.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
20,871 Posts
The cobra lugs are too thin and too soft to hold a screw. I’m not familiar with a 4000, is it Fan Cooled? I wouldn’t think so, but if it isn’t, I don’t know why you it could not be studded like any other Procross sled. Lift the snow flap and post a pic of the tunnel running up under the seat

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The cobra lugs are too thin and too soft to hold a screw. I’m not familiar with a 4000, is it Fan Cooled? I wouldn’t think so, but if it isn’t, I don’t know why you it could not be studded like any other Procross sled. Lift the snow flap and post a pic of the tunnel running up under the seat
It's a 500 liquid cooled sled. Yeah I said well you sell the tunnel protector for it but your not supposed to stud it that makes no sense to me. I just want some bite in the track like 90 studs be fine if there is a template or any info on it

·
Premium Member
20,871 Posts
Is that a 129”? “1.3” studs are what I was going to suggest. I wouldn’t be surprised if woodys recommends something shorter. Lots of guys go 1.4’s on those tracks. I go longer yet, but for that machine 1.3 is plenty

·
Premium Member
20,871 Posts
The terms 1.25 and 1.325 have been used interchangeable on the cobra tracks forever. The lugs are tapered, and have little nipples on them. The tippy tops are 1.3, but the ends of the bars are under 1.2

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The terms 1.25 and 1.325 have been used interchangeable on the cobra tracks forever. The lugs are tapered, and have little nipples on them. The tippy tops are 1.3, but the ends of the bars are under 1.2
FastTrack says that I should run there top gun ll 1.375 studs on the cobra , woodys says 1.325 should be ideal. I'm more leaning to the FastTrack brand and do 2 stud per bar so 90 total or 1 double staggered per bar

·
Premium Member
20,871 Posts
“1.3x” Vs “1.3x”, It’s just a marketing thing per brand, they are essentially the same size. With only two studs provide I would go with single backers so that you can spread them out more to cover more area, although I do like doubles as well.

·
Premium Member
20,871 Posts
That’s a V that repeats over 4 bars, you could adapt it to repeat over 5, with the two backers at the narrow end of the V almost touching each other. Repeat 9x if your on 45 bars. I’ve never had a 129, I’ve had lots of 128, and then I skipped to the longer models. That’s a 137 in pic, but the pitch is the same 2.86, so the spacing on the V would match yours
Audio equipment Gas Circle Metal Font

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
“1.3x” Vs “1.3x”, It’s just a marketing thing per brand, they are essentially the same size. With only two studs provide I would go with single backers so that you can spread them out more to cover more area, although I do like doubles as well.
So I'd need them to be minimum 1.370 studs as I'm only wanting to stud down the middle just so they sit just above the tips on the cobra lug

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That’s a V that repeats over 4 bars, you could adapt it to repeat over 5, with the two backers at the narrow end of the V almost touching each other. Repeat 9x if your on 45 bars. I’ve never had a 129, I’ve had lots of 128, and then I skipped to the longer models. That’s a 137 in pic, but the pitch is the same 2.86, so the spacing on the V would match yours View attachment 2124453
Country cat says this is what my track is I gave them my vin number as previous owner ordered this sled from them says 129 length

Attachments

·
Premium Member
20,871 Posts
That’s not how stud length works. A “1.3x” stud is about .65” over a 1” track. So they will be .30”-.35” over your track. Those are 1.5x studs in my picture, on a 1.25/1.35 track (very similar to your) snd if you look up toward the top of the pic, you can see they are >.50” above the track. Woody use to have an “installed” height diagram on their websight. I’m sure they still do

·
Registered
20,923 Posts
That’s not how stud length works. A “1.3x” stud is about .65” over a 1” track. So they will be .30”-.35” over your track. Those are 1.5x studs in my picture, on a 1.25/1.35 track (very similar to your) snd if you look up toward the top of the pic, you can see they are >.50” above the track. Woody use to have an “installed” height diagram on their websight. I’m sure they still do
And every company seems to have a different way of measuring them.

·
Premium Member
20,871 Posts
The legal limit for friendly racing on snow and grass has always been 3/4 of an inch over the top of the lug around here, for the last 25 years or so I have known exactly how tall every stud from each manufacturer was, these days I don’t pay that much attention, that’s why I say 1.3”x”, and I only run woodys products myself. Lots of other manufacturers have certainly improved in the recent past though

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The legal limit for friendly racing on snow and grass has always been 3/4 of an inch over the top of the lug around here, for the last 25 years or so I have known exactly how tall every stud from each manufacturer was, these days I don’t pay that much attention, that’s why I say 1.3”x”, and I only run woodys products myself. Lots of other manufacturers have certainly improved in the recent past though
Think I'm going to go with the fast track company and do the 1.375s as woodys are back ordered until end of January and this fast track I get 90 studs green round backers with nuts an template for $290 to my door already ordered my tunnel protectors.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts