Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
It should be the hottest lake runner around.....doesn't look like much of a trail sled through the twisties and whoops but looks fun on a straight burn.
Doesn't a lower CG make it faster in the woods as well?

I don't care how good the suspensions get, when the trails are whooped out, every brand owner is asking where the groomer is.

Makes me wonder how we survived 20 years ago....LOL....And where I ride, the grooming has only gotten better since then as well.

·
The Meat Man
15,700 Posts
I look forward to seeing one of you guys on this bad boy next year. :thumbsup:

Hope to meet you on the lake and when I lose it just means Badger is buying the first round. :bc:

Reactions: greatwhite89

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
My question is, who's engineers came up with the lower stance and speed track to truly make it "the fastest sled" out there. Is Cat offering a similar sled? :dunno:

·
Registered
7,863 Posts
My question is, who's engineers came up with the lower stance and speed track to truly make it "the fastest sled" out there. Is Cat offering a similar sled? :dunno:
There are no Yamaha engineers left, AC has the exact same sled, different clutch, introduced a week earlier, on their chassis. Takes a rocket scientist figure out that a lowered sled, and a one inch track will go faster on the lake:laff:

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
There are no Yamaha engineers left, AC has the exact same sled, different clutch, introduced a week earlier, on their chassis. Takes a rocket scientist figure out that a lowered sled, and a one inch track will go faster on the lake:laff:
So Yamaha had zero input? I'm asking an honest question, I don't know. :dunno:

·
Registered
7,863 Posts
So Yamaha had zero input? I'm asking an honest question, I don't know. :dunno:
I am sorry, but Yamaha has had zero input other than how to get the logistics of the sleds and parts out of trf.. They calibrated the clutch three years ago, and used to calibrate shocks, now it is all farmed out. I can not say any more than that. The graphics guys are kicking ass though, they are sharp looking sleds, other than the all black sleds the AC ones look like ass:bc2:

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
I am sorry, but Yamaha has had zero input other than how to get the logistics of the sleds and parts out of trf.. They calibrated the clutch three years ago, and used to calibrate shocks, now it is all farmed out. I can not say any more than that. The graphics guys are kicking ass though, they are sharp looking sleds, other than the all black sleds the AC ones look like ass:bc2:
So if I'm understanding this right. Cat came up with this SRX and are marketing this "Yamaha" as the new hot rod with it's speed tweaks instead of labeling a Cat named sled with the same tweaks.?????

·
Registered
256 Posts
So if I'm understanding this right. Cat came up with this SRX and are marketing this "Yamaha" as the new hot rod with it's speed tweaks instead of labeling a Cat named sled with the same tweaks.?????
'19 Thundercat is the same other than clutching. 1" track, 1" lower ride height.

·
Registered
7,863 Posts
No. It is the exact same thundercat, Same old Arctic Cat, different stickers:thumbsup: Wait till next year the new Japan built sleds are coming:c-n:

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
'19 Thundercat is the same other than clutching. 1" track, 1" lower ride height.
Ok lets try it this way. The srx with it's tweaks should be faster than the current T Cat or SW, yes? WHY DIDN'T CAT COME OUT WITH THIER VERSION OF AN SRX CLAIMING IT WOULD BE KING INSTEAD OF ALLOWING THE YAMAHA NAME TO BE FASTER? I read tonight somewhere that Yamaha has no involvement so did Cat just say "here Yamaha, for 2019 you go ahead and claim to be the fastest sled"? Doesn't make sense.
I'm starting to get a headache. :dunno:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Ok lets try it this way. The srx with it's tweaks should be faster than the current T Cat or SW, yes? WHY DIDN'T CAT COME OUT WITH THIER VERSION OF AN SRX CLAIMING IT WOULD BE KING INSTEAD OF ALLOWING THE YAMAHA NAME TO BE FASTER? I read tonight somewhere that Yamaha has no involvement so did Cat just say "here Yamaha, for 2019 you go ahead and claim to be the fastest sled"? Doesn't make sense.
I'm starting to get a headache. :dunno:
Ok, '19 SRX & '19 Thundercat are identical other than clutching/gearing.
Both have 1" tracks & 1" lower ride height.
Remains to be seen which one will be fastest....stay tuned...

Lower windshield on the SRX may give it the edge though...

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts

Fucking thank you!!! Until now I was unaware that Cat is making a lowered sled with a speed track. For fuck sakes that was difficult. :wall:
Now I can leave work and have a drink.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Good luck trying to find 2 guys, with one sled of each, that are totally stock, coming out to the same lake on the same day. It,s all fun and games, and the debates go on forever.
The real winners are the guys that sell aftermarket parts, and tunes. :bc:

21 - 35 of 35 Posts