Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know about the weather man's trustworthiness, but the 10 day forecast says snow on thursday and friday of this week and more snow in the middle of next week. :smiley-faces7: And freezing temps! Thats actually promising news. Now i dont have to ask my doctor for anti depressants because its 60 degrees in January. :chillpill: Anyone else hear about storms coming?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
We need a cold snap first. Other wise we will be swimming through the mud puddles

·
Premium Member
4,003 Posts
It needs to get in the negatives again.. IMO just like all the people complaining !!! Then everything will freeze good.. Then the snow comes by the foot

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We need a cold snap first. Other wise we will be swimming through the mud puddles[/b]
Oh come on... dont you remember how much fun it was crossing this and getting our nice clean sleds full of mud? How could anyone not like that?

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
Oh come on... dont you remember how much fun it was crossing this and getting our nice clean sleds full of mud? How could anyone not like that?

[/b]
When I went riding with my brother, his wife and a friend of their's in southern Wisconsin back in December, we had to ride over a few spots like that. They werent as big as that one though! The key is to wheelie through them. Even though my sled isnt all that new anymore, it still broke my heart to ride it through standing water like that.
Meanwhile, back on topic...
They are forecasting a light dusting tonight, 2" on Thursday and I think Saturday or Sunday they are talking snow here in southern Wisconsin.
My parents live in St Germain and when they called me tonight they said the snow conditions up there are pretty pathetic. My mother told me I might want to consider cancelling the vacation that I have requested for Feb 21-23. Hopefully the weather will turn around and we will have ridable snow by then.

·
Premium Member
4,003 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have about 2 inches here in Whitewater, and its still coming down. I am hoping we get the 5 and then just keep it cold enough to continue to get more snow throughout the weeks ahead....

·
Registered
405 Posts
My mother told me I might want to consider cancelling the vacation that I have requested for Feb 21-23. Hopefully the weather will turn around and we will have ridable snow by then.[/b]

That is a long way away.....a lot can happen between now and then :i_need_snow:

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well, it didnt amount to much in SE WI so far. Hopefully the temps can drop more and we can keep it coming.

·
Registered
2018 Ski-Doo Freeride 146
63 Posts
In my neck of the woods (SE WI) we got almost 3" of wet snow, but them temps hovered around 35 all day, making it kinda' crappy...

The forecast is looking better by the day however, as temperatures are forecast to continue dropping with some arctic air on the way for all of WI... we have some snow on the way for the short term, but it's not supposed to add up to much (an inch or two down here)... the good news to me is that it will be getting colder... even if we got a decent amount of snow, with the warmer temps we've been having lately, it would be super sloppy.

:i_need_snow:

·
Registered
39 Posts
:i_need_snow: :i_need_snow: :i_need_snow: :i_need_snow: :i_need_snow: :i_need_snow: :i_need_snow: :i_need_snow: :i_need_snow: :i_need_snow: :i_need_snow: :i_need_snow: :polaris_rules: :i_need_snow: :i_need_snow: :i_need_snow:

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So, it looks like next week the temps will be around zero. Thats good for the lakes and waterholes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts