Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trailer question. The new Ski-Doos have it so you can change the ski-stance in 1/2" increments. Basically, bring in 1/2" from what you used to get, or put out 1/2". So entire width is now 49.5 rather than 48.5. New setups, especially on the X-RS, will come wider, as did my 2021 and all my buddies.

So... a standard trailer is only 96 or 98" on the interior. I don't want an inline. I want a standard 4-place deck-over or a Mission All-Sport.

Anyone experienced this yet? Do they fit? I don't want to back sleds in or do anything funky. Just want to know if they'll fit next to each other or if these new sleds are going to force a different trailer configuration like in-line or something.

Secondly, trying to decide between a Blizzard or a Mission. I'm guessing there is no way a Mission can come close to the price of a Blizzard?

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
well since every trailer is different for widths on there floors, all you can do is measure things and go from there
that or if too wide ski stance, you will have to drive one in, back one in
or run ski's up over one sled ski when going in ALL forward!, which MAY or may NOT be possible pending room and ski design
but most trail sleds only sleds have 42.5 inch stances
I know when I had my old T at with a AGLT wider front end mod, and a second ZRT with an BPLT(slightless wider kit) they both fit in my enclosed Worthington trailer, with a little room to spare too
but I do know the Worthingtons' were the widest inside of all other brands I could find when I got mine!

I could park a 2016 XF 7000 with ski's as wide as they went next to the T cat, and still had room between skis
maybe 3 inches if I recall correctly, but again, the worthington trailer was about 2+ inches wider than most every other brand,
so your best bet is actually measure both your trailer and the sleds ski width and then you will know!

Also, I was pretty there was a 48 inch wide stance rule OEM's followed, to be safe on trails , so maybe double check the sleds real width's!

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
My 1998 Floe 2 place is 101 inches wide.
outside or inside, or the actually usable deck
as that is a big difference

legally most trailer can only be 102 inches wide OUTSIDE spec's not actual deck size!
and most makers tend to be a hair under that to be sure they make it, which means inside trailers decking is several inches less than the max outside spec's

·
Registered
442 Posts
When Polaris came out with the XLT Special with the Xtra 12 suspension in the mid 90's, the front end was originally 49" wide when they were announced in the spring. Wisconsin passed a law at that time limiting the width to 48". Polaris ended up putting narrower skis on the XLT specials to meet the 48" limit.

·
Registered
173 Posts
If you have a actual 101 trailer your fine. Bust out the tape measure when buying a trailer. Most “newer” sleds will have an issue with the old “96-98” decks no matter what brand you buy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts