Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
found an 04 pro-xr 800 NEW!!! needless to say i brought it home. it was filthy, dealer in southern ohio bought it cause he wanted to demo it, them decided it was to much sled for him. he threw it in the back of his barn and FORGOT about it. talked him down to 7800 out the door. i figured that was fair enough. dont have pics yet but heres my 03. miss michigan better snow soon....

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
Originally posted by ditchbangin@Oct 4 2005, 09:41 PM
found an 04 pro-xr  800 NEW!!!  needless to say i brought it home. it was filthy, dealer in southern ohio bought it cause he wanted to demo it,  them decided it was to much sled for him.  he threw it in the back of his barn and FORGOT  about it.  talked him down to 7800 out the door.  i figured that was fair enough.  dont have pics yet but heres my 03.  miss michigan better snow soon....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=909050
[/quote]
I came across one in MN or WI a month or so ago for $7000. It was brand new. How many miles on the sled you bought?

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
I think the key to this post if you want a limited production model and you find one be prepaired to open your check book and pay what they are asking ! I havent seen a "new " prox at a dealer since last March ! Like Bonz said in a other post sure wish Polaris makes a 600cc + sled that us ditch banger would buy! Right now the only sled I have riden that I would consider would be a MXZX , and honestly at 6' 1" the ergonomics of that sled are fine for shorter riders but my legs are a little long for it. Maybe the APEX will be a close 2nd choice.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nickels- its got .3 miles on it. i am not sold on the iq chassi yet, the pro-x chassi is bomb-proof for an agressive trail rider who mixes it up with jumpin drift busting or drag racing. i wanted another new pro-x before they were extinct, he wanted 8500, and if he wouldnt have come down, i wouldve payed it.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pullin the motor out of my 03 today i thought, man something doesnt look right.. after staring at the 04 xr, the engine bay looked real cramped on the 03. turns out the oil bottle is only half the size. it will hold like 3 quarts or so so its no big deal, but it saves a ton of room, and a little weight too. f.y.i. i suppose.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
read the thread dude, "dont have pics yet but heres my 03".........

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
heres the new one cant wait to rip on it......

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
heres the new one cant wait to rip on it......

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Yep

There is a new noncurrent PROX8XR near me too.
$8000 CDN dollars.

If it wasn't a &%#%$*% 800 it would likely be mine by now.
Too bad Poo didn't make that XR with the 7 in it.

&$%#*^........ 800!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
not many places to ride in ohio, my parents live in kalkaska michigan. i work at a marina so i get layed off from thanksgiving until march 1. makes for a sweet riding season. plus i get paid... sled trails open in 49 days!!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts