Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to look at a 2006 F5 sled today. It was an orange one. Sweet lloking machine.
I have two sleds now a 2002 Z370 that my son rides and a 2004 Sabercat 500 that I ride. I want to trade one of these in and if I do, it will be the Z370. I need some convincing though. Should I upgrage from the Sabercat to the Firecat 500? Also, does anyone know of any cash incentives or accessory rebates that might be coming out soon?

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
I would definately upgrade from the sabercat 500 to the firecat 500. I've driven both and the sabercat is gutless compared to the f5. As you know the sabercat only does about 80, the f5 does anywhere from 95-100 and the acceleration difference is very noticable. Go for the F5 :div20:

·
Registered
927 Posts
i just picked up my 2005 F5 brand new today about 2 hours ago, cant wait for snow. i checked the specs on it and it has more HP than my old ZR 600 did, should be sweet to ride.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Originally posted by sparobek500@Aug 27 2005, 11:02 AM
I went to look at a 2006 F5 sled today. It was an orange one. Sweet lloking machine.
I have two sleds now a 2002 Z370 that my son rides and a 2004 Sabercat 500 that I ride. I want to trade one of these in and if I do, it will be the Z370. I need some convincing though. Should I upgrage from the Sabercat to the Firecat 500? Also, does anyone know of any cash incentives or accessory rebates that might be coming out soon?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=849743
[/quote]
Depending on how old your son is.I would trade the 370 in.It is always nicer having the newer technology.He could ride the lower horsepower Saber and you would ride the Firecat.I think Cat has 4 year warranty if bought before end of Sept. :party:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Yep, keep the Saber 500 and trade the Z370 in for a Saber 600. The Sabercats are a trail sled with some nice upgrades (electric start, reverse, and taller windshield, plus mirrors. If these are itiems you enjoyed on your other Saber, then stick to them. Be sure to get the 600 motor instead of that 500, because you wouldn't want Junior out running you......lol

A firecat would only serve you better if you wanted to ride with a fast pack all day long. Not saying you couldn't hang with your Saber, but the firecat is more designed for running hard for longer periods of time. Its all about the weight issues between them both. Its easier to throw a lighter sled around corners at faster speeds as oppose a heavier sled. From the sounds of it, you and your son won't be going ballz-to-thae-walls anytime soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.