Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new on here, full of questions, but this one is timely..
I have purchased a 2020 indy xc 800 129" track.
First new sled since my kids were young, I am pretty excited.
Anyway, when I bought it, they told me covers were an option so I ordered the one suggested.
Fast forward a few weeks, my sled is ready to be picked up, the skid plate, windshield, 12 volt plug, all good to go,
but covers are back ordered till february.
Considering sleds are shipping with no shocks, I shouldnt be surprised, but I am horrified that there are no covers available.
I have an open trailer, with a slush guard, and it is a 90 mile ride to the dealership.
I asked about after market covers, and they could not recommend one, stating that people had had bad luck with them in the past.
I use my trailer for several things, and I cant swing a enclosed top right now, clothes and tekvests add up.
I am looking for suggestions, aftermarket, cross fitting, something to protect my new baby... I ride where I live, but I surely will want to head north before february, as well as the 500 mile check up.
Any help would be appreciated, The joy of it all is somewhat tempered by me wondering how to get it all home.

Thanks, Russ

·
Super Moderator
37,164 Posts
Research full body covers, they used to be available, I still have one I bought some years back.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Ebay or Dennis Kirk. Lots of covers on there. I bought my full body cover that I put over my OEM cover on Ebay. It will work just fine until you get your OEM cover. I have a salt shield on my two place but still use both covers if roads are messy.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I remember seeing in another thread that someone said the Axys cover fits pretty good also.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Having owned OEM and aftermarket covers for four wheelers and sleds the OEM covers are better. The OEM covers are better quality and a tougher material with better waterproofing than most of the aftermarket covers I have dealt with. I know there are different companies that make aftermarket covers of different levels of quality and protection. But if the price of the aftermarket one is near the OEM cover I would get get a midrange cover to use until your OEM cover comes. Make sure the cover is trailerable.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I use parts unlimited covers, they seem to be made well and fit really well. They have straps to tighten them up so they do have flap in the wind and have an extra soft lining sewn in where hood is to keep it from getting scuffed up. They also make a total cover that covers skis and all.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I use parts unlimited covers, they seem to be made well and fit really well. They have straps to tighten them up so they do have flap in the wind and have an extra soft lining sewn in where hood is to keep it from getting scuffed up. They also make a total cover that covers skis and all.
I have a Parts Unlimited full body cover also. Not as sturdy as my OEM cover but it has held up and I do like the straps that enable you to tighten it down tight to the sled.

·
Registered
Mxz 600 etec and 2020 Indy XC 800 129
57 Posts
I have a "Gears" brand cover that was half price of oem. Nice padding and is trailerable with decent straps. I don't trailer much, but it's held up well so far and is of good quality.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Hi, new on here, full of questions, but this one is timely..
I have purchased a 2020 indy xc 800 129" track.
First new sled since my kids were young, I am pretty excited.
Anyway, when I bought it, they told me covers were an option so I ordered the one suggested.
Fast forward a few weeks, my sled is ready to be picked up, the skid plate, windshield, 12 volt plug, all good to go,
but covers are back ordered till february.
Considering sleds are shipping with no shocks, I shouldnt be surprised, but I am horrified that there are no covers available.
I have an open trailer, with a slush guard, and it is a 90 mile ride to the dealership.
I asked about after market covers, and they could not recommend one, stating that people had had bad luck with them in the past.
I use my trailer for several things, and I cant swing a enclosed top right now, clothes and tekvests add up.
I am looking for suggestions, aftermarket, cross fitting, something to protect my new baby... I ride where I live, but I surely will want to head north before february, as well as the 500 mile check up.
Any help would be appreciated, The joy of it all is somewhat tempered by me wondering how to get it all home.

Thanks, Russ
is it this one? Canvas Convertible Cover - AXYS® 129"/144" | Polaris Snowmobiles put your zip code in the locator on the Polaris link (upper right side)

3 in stock Amazon.com: Polaris Snowmobiles Canvas Convertible Cover - AXYS 129"/144": Automotive

can't your dealer check to see if another dealer has one on the locator?

seems odd... only took me a minute to find one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow- that is the one. I would order it but I get 15% off at my dealer. Thanks- I will order it if they can't find one. The polaris site says backordered, I should have unleashed some Google fu...
Thanks, Russ

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks- I may tell them I cant pick it up- or pay for it- till they find one...
It is a large dealer in northern Maine, I couldn't believe they couldn't get one. Blamed on covid, easy to believe.
Russ

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Wow- that is the one. I would order it but I get 15% off at my dealer. Thanks- I will order it if they can't find one. The polaris site says backordered, I should have unleashed some Google fu...
Thanks, Russ
Thanks- I may tell them I cant pick it up- or pay for it- till they find one...
It is a large dealer in northern Maine, I couldn't believe they couldn't get one. Blamed on covid, easy to believe.
Russ
who cares about 15% off compared to all the concerns you've cited? it probably took you longer to make the initial post here than it took me to find three of them. 😕

seems to me someone at your dealer really isn't putting in much of an effort, what's your zip code? I'll find more of them...

sincerely,
MadCatter #8

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
04694... don't go out of your way..... I have no idea why they can't find one, the place has treated me well on my side by side, and I got a good price on the sled.
Sorry I took them at their word, and 15 % adds up old chum.
Russ

·
Premium Member
4,367 Posts
Western Power Sports sells Commercial Sewing covers. They make most of the OEM covers, they just leave the logos off the ones they sell to aftermarket. I have one for my 18 SKS and it fits as good as any OEM cover I've ever had. Same material too. Should be readily available

ETA: never mind just double checked and it looks like they only have limited models to choose from this year. No newer shorty's. Odd

1 - 20 of 31 Posts