Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am debating on what she really needs and if we need to upgrade, and both sleds appear to be in good running order. The 600 summit has about 6000 miles and I am checking on the 670x but will assume about 4000-5000. They are both priced the same.
My question is should I go with more power and reliablity and get the 670x, or is the zx chassis and the 600 more to what she should be riding, also is the 6000 miles something to be scared of on the 600 motor.
She rides a polaris indy 440 now that is a real nice wife sled but I think if we take it to the mountains or the black hills (miny mountains) that she will run out of power. The 440 has a 133 x .88 or 1 and will handle some powder, but I dont think anything like what we would find in the mountains. She is about 5'7" and 140lbs, and so either would be plenty for her to handle.
My other option would be to put on a 1.25 or so 136 track on her 440 and make sure the clutching and gearing are spot on and it is plenty for her, and I would hate to get rid of it as its in mint condtion and I bought it from a family and it was moms sled and was well taken care of
It would be real nice to have the 670x as i ride a 670ho and parts and such would be much easier and swapable than the 600.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
ZX chassis is a much smoother ride, world of a difference! The 597cc has always been a good motor for Ski-Doo, but 6,000 miles is high for any sled, I would get a compression check done on it. 670 like you said will have more power...... so I guess it's what she wants more....

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How well does a 440 racer get around in the deep powder, because I think if I gear down and put a 136 x 1.25 on it it will be good enough in the snow for what she will want to do with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts