Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought C&A Pro Trail skis with my $100 coupon. Big improvement and look cool. My handling on groomed trails improved immensely, seemed far less tippy, could throw into corners confidently and slide back end with 1.375 track and studs. Money well spent. Might put limiter straps back to stock holes.

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
I don't think they make a powder specific ski. I have the race skis. They are wider than the stock AC skis so they should float better in the pow. They seem good to me, but I never tested them against the stockers. I love them on the trails. They track and carve really well. I don't think Rob liked the C&A's in the powder. He did test them. It's on this site.

hardcoresledder.com/images/ski_test/index.htm

Cat S.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I have the C&A race skis and I just got back from the UP in 3 foot of powder and they work pretty good in powder, alot beter than stock but I dont think that they are as good as parobolic skis but if you do alot of trail riding they are the ski to have

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
mine tracked straight and did not have any darting but then again I ride in michigan and the trails are never gromed it seems like and I am always hitting bumps so I canot tell if it is darting all that well

·
Registered
64 Posts
What did you pay for these skis? What carbides are you running? What is your setup on your ski springs and your front skid spring? Geez any more questions.

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
My sled does not dart. 10" race carbides. Remember, the race C&A's have grooves toward the outside of the skis. This may help. I also think the sno pro track really helps the sled track straighter. Think about it. Which track will hold the line better, the 1" lug barely breaking the surface or the 1.375 lug digging deep into the trail. Just my opinion.

Cat S.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts