Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any suggestions for me. I have an 05' F7 std, and was looking to possibly upgrade my skis. I am looking to get a bit better ride as well as getting better control. Is this the right route, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Any comments are appreciated.

Dan

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Powder pros for SLP or some C-A with the outer runners for a bit more aggressive ski anything in a tri keel design will be better than stock

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
sno-tech mag put SLP(starting Line Products) SLT skis on there f-cats and they raved about the diffrence. That is what I am going with this year. :div20:

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Upgrading from stock skis is the single best HANDLING modification you can make to a sled IMHO. I went with C&A ADX's (got a great deal on them) but just about any aftermarket ski and carbide runner upgrade will be a VAST improvement. I bought my skis based on looks (C&A's with the angled loops are my favs).

Mike

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
i'm kinda with sledseacher here... I bought my white c&a razors because they were the only white see avaible at the time and i really like the looks of them... GREAT GREAT GREAT improvement

·
Registered
478 Posts
Rob had a great reviews about those skis on his red F7 ( used to own that one ) but I don thave the link for that arctile anymore. its somewhere on HCS, I think.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Bought powder pros last year, made a huge difference in handling. I would suggest them to anyone, great on the trail or the powder!! :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I have the powder pro's also, but the only issue is finding carbides. Make sure you have a spare set with you, because not to many places stock them.

·
Registered
827 Posts
DANF7, I HAVE BOTH ,POWDER PROS AND SLP SLT, POWDER PROS ARE TO MUCH IF YOU RUN IN CRUSTY SNOW,ON YOUR F7 YOU WILL BE ALOT HAPPIER WITH THE SLP-SLTS. POWDER PROS GREAT ON FLUFF OR GROOMED TRAILS, BUT IF YOU RUN INTO CRUSTY SNOW AND DROP THROUGH HANG ON BECAUSE YOU WILL BE EJECTED,TRUST ME ON THIS ONE, BEEN THERE,DONE THAT. LATTER GIDDY-UP. :smiley-faces7:

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Originally posted by sandbagger@Sep 1 2005, 10:00 PM
Fastfirecat are you trailriding?
Have you tried the SLT?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=857782
[/quote]

I do both...mostly off trail riding though....

Groomed or ungroomed trails, the PP's are great

EDIT: Also I have not tried the SLT's...

Dan did a test with a few skis, I believe SLT's, PP's, C&A's and stock skis...

PP's were the best baised on his opinion...I went with his opinion, and couldnt be happier...

If you ride any off trail or any ungroomed trails, PP's are the only way to go....

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Any down side on the C&A razors or Outlaws?

I'm leaning towards the SLT's but I will wait until the Novi snowshow to make my decision to see if there's anything new.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts