Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to replace my rear shock on a 133" skid x tra 10 96 Indy 500 SKS. I currently have the stock oil filled. I've found a few articles on upgrading a 121" to a fox or PPS shock from a newer sled but nothing on a 133". Has anyone tried this on a SKS or RMK with the xtra 10? Are the shocks the same for the 121 and the 133? I tried my local dealer but they need a part number and don't have a fitment guide for the older sleds.
I would appreciate anyone's input for swapping in a fox or PPS in. I don't want to upgrade to a M-10, Edge, etc. Parts numbers and sources would be great as well as tricks to look for in installation.
Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have to replace my rear shock on a 133" skid x tra 10 96 Indy 500 SKS. I currently have the stock oil filled. I've found a few articles on upgrading a 121" to a fox or PPS shock from a newer sled but nothing on a 133". Has anyone tried this on a SKS or RMK with the xtra 10? Are the shocks the same for the 121 and the 133? I tried my local dealer but they need a part number and don't have a fitment guide for the older sleds.
I would appreciate anyone's input for swapping in a fox or PPS in. I don't want to upgrade to a M-10, Edge, etc. Parts numbers and sources would be great as well as tricks to look for in installation.
Thanks for looking![/b]

Bumping to top

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I'm not able to get to my sled until the weekend but I'll see if I can get measurements on line somewhere. I'll let you know if it will work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I couldn't find measurements on line but I did find a parts chart for each model that lists usage for each part and what models it will fit.
What model is that fox shock off from? Is it aftermarket? I think it will work if you used it on a regular Indy 500 with xtra 10.
Please advise.
Thanks!

·
Registered
173 Posts
It is a stock fox rebuildable shock part # 7041402. It came factory on the storm,ultra, XCR 600 & 440. All were Xtra 10. If you have any questions let me know.

Matt, 616-896-6475

1 - 6 of 6 Posts