Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just in case you hadn't heard or seen on social media the Seney Snowmobile Association has added a new trail. Trail #440 has been in the works for about 10 years and required the replacement of 2 old bridges. One over the west branch of the fox river on Taylor Dam rd and one over the fox river on School St.

The new trail connects trail 43 and trail 431 and is approximately 13.5 miles long. It travels through state land, comercial forest land, and private property. The club has asked riders to respect the private property owners and all the new saplings that have been planted in the CFL just off the trail (which should be common sense)

One favorite stop for many people who ride this area is the clearing or property known as dog mans on the fox river. There used to be a cabin here and it burned down years ago and is right at the fox river crossing where one of the new bridges has been installed. Riders have always stopped here for a break and always left there trash behind (cig buts, cans, bottles, belts, etc) :( The property has been sold and the new owners do not want there property to be used as a dump. They are avid snowmobilers themselves and have allowed the trail to go through this area. Please do not put the new trail in jeopardy by going onto thier property or throwing your trash into the woods.

SSA doesn't know if the new trail will make the new maps which were already sent to the printer before the trail was officially approved so I threw the new trail onto a map using my GPS software. Enjoy!

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
Hell yeah and nice work by all involved in getting this trail built....as a sledder I hope all my fellow sledders will remember all this work and respect the landowners that ALLOW us to use their property for our enjoyment. :buttrock::fistpump2:

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I can't wait to see this trail. Maybe the most excited I've been for winter in years.
Hats off to Don R. and all who worked there tails off for this. Looks to go very deep into one of this snowbelt's deepest of areas. :bc:And pickup your damn trash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts