Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always loved arctic cats and have never owned anything else. More than arctic cat however, I love snowmobiling and snowmobilers. I respect Bombardier immensely for what they have done, the Rev is an awesome machine by all accounts and I just want to be the first to pledge no bashing. Since Ski-doo and Cat are by far the most innovative currently, I think the Rev owners and Firecat owners have more in common than the other brand owners.

Good idea Rob.

·
Registered
61 Posts
This is a great idea , and i think it will only make this site better . I have been on here almost every day this season, but have posted very little as i do not own a firecat, but do own a rev.Bashing is for kids lets not tolerate it.

snowchaser

·
Registered
282 Posts
Being the owner of an F5 and an '02 MXZ 700, I think it is a great idea. My loyalty lies in the sport of snowmobiling and not to any one of the manufacturers.

I welcome any input that will help me to further enjoy the sport I love.

·
Registered
81 Posts
"My loyalty lies in the sport of snowmobiling and not to any one of the manufacturers".
I couldnt agree with a statement any more than that one.
92 cat EXT
95 cat ZR700
96 cat ZRT600
98 Yam SRX700
01 Pol XC600
03 600 Rev
I was pretty cat loyal early on but now i buy what seems to be the best fit......I'll be brand loyal when the company pays me to ride their brand.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
cool now i can get all info at one place HCS good job rob !! :D also i am thinking of getting a rev ? but i will keep my f-7 :wub:

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
I also welcome the Rev owners and hope they can benefit from this site as much as I have from the Firecat forum. I know I will be checking in and seeing what is going on, but will not put down any ski doo on this site, and I hope that they will respect us as well.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Here! Here! Let's hope this space can stay clear of the childish bashing and we can share experiences and tech help without fear that someone will jump all over you.

Glad to be here.

·
Registered
72 Posts
SnoX raced a SnoPro this season and after trying some Rev's I'm racing a Rev next season. For me it just worked better, I've seen some other race teams even switch mid-season. I'm not saying the SnoPro is a bad chassis, it's a blast to ride, I just felt more comfortable with the Rev on the track. I have seen some Mod sleds this year with steering columns farther forward and higher seating positions so the 04 SnoPros may be a bit different. A friend talk at length with Kirk Hibbert and he said the steering will be moved in front of the motor but wasn't quite sure about the seat height. The seat height for me was one of the biggest problems, it took a lot of movement to go from sitting to standing were on the Rev it was nothing. I loved the Crosslink suspension but rebuilds were costly. Just my .02

·
Registered
72 Posts
SnoX raced a SnoPro this season and after trying some Rev's I'm racing a Rev next season. For me it just worked better, I've seen some other race teams even switch mid-season. I'm not saying the SnoPro is a bad chassis, it's a blast to ride, I just felt more comfortable with the Rev on the track. I have seen some Mod sleds this year with steering columns farther forward and higher seating positions so the 04 SnoPros may be a bit different. A friend talk at length with Kirk Hibbert and he said the steering will be moved in front of the motor but wasn't quite sure about the seat height. The seat height for me was one of the biggest problems, it took a lot of movement to go from sitting to standing were on the Rev it was nothing. I loved the Crosslink suspension but rebuilds were costly. Just my .02

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I'd like to thank Rob for this forum.

2 years ago when I bought my 600 Classic I was fortunate to have the King of Mileage recording his knowlege on the POO 600 VES engines. I belive he saved many a burndown by posting tech bullitens before the dealers got the word out.

Here's to a fun new season.

·
Registered
3 Posts
For those of you who have missed the club or product seminar - here are some product change highlights. Did you ride an ’03 ½ Blair? The ’04 Rev chassis with the rolled chaincase and 10 tooth drivers make a dramatic improvement. Very significant improvement. Don’t under estimate it. Dealers have told me the Blair is 10 mph faster than a regular Rev 800. Think about the ’04 HO!

Here are some of the changes for 04 on the MXZ’s and Renegade.

* The Renegade now uses a fixed ski leg end at the MXZ 47” ski stance.
* The X packages now have chromoly A arms for lightweight and higher strength.
* All non X packages use a much stronger thicker wall A arm’s.
* All 04 Rev models use a straight rate front shock spring of either 75 or 90 LB and a firmer compression dampening in the shocks and a much softer ½” sway bar for greatly improved handling in the corners and less darting and diving. It gives a more linear response while cornering hard.
* 10 tooth drivers are used on every Rev model except the 159” Summit which uses 9 tooth. This is done to increase top speed.
* All Rev’s use the longer ZX chaincase and the drive axle has been lowered over 13mm and moved backwards almost 12mm. This lessens the angle of attack and reduces drag and increases top speed.
* All Rev models use a longer front arm, “approx. 30mm longer” this reduces weight transfer, and reduces the pitching under acceleration and deceleration significantly.
* SC 10-III’s have a new center shock and rear shock calibrations, all X packages are considerably firmer than last years X’s and noticeable firmer than a Sport package.
* All Adrenaline packages no longer have the HPG VR shock and have been upgraded to a firmer more fade free HPG shock.
* All tracks now use 1/3 fewer guide clips to reduce rotating weight.
* Flat guide clips are now used instead of grooved clips to reduce noise and improve top speed slightly.
* The racing seat and the regular seat both use the softer more comfortable foam like last years Rev’s. The mountain seats use a lower density lighter but much firmer foam; i.e. not as comfortable but the rider sits slightly higher on it.
* The gas gauge for next year has been greatly improved for accuracy. When the 03 gauge read empty the tank still had 3-4 US gallons in it. Average mileage on a carbed 600 is 14-16 US MPG.
* All SDI’s get approx. 2-3 more MPG US than a carbie.
* The 800 HO is approx. 5% more power it is a Summit HO engine without the head. So it has approx. 2.5 HP less than a summit.
* The HPV 27 driven pulleys are being updated with an improved smaller bushing and a new spring calibration to ensure a more stabilized RPM under varying riding conditions. IE, no dropping of RPM while backing off and reaccelerating.

All Fan cooled models will now use the SC-10 III rear suspension. This is a huge step up for two up riding and eliminating kick in the bumps

* All 600 HO’s will have a new improved Ceramic/chrome mix ring.
* All 800’s will come with the ventilated ring and the newest rewind.
* Vapor lock is being worked on seriously.
* The PTO end seal is held in place with a steel plate and protects the PTO seal from belt damage also.
* All HO engines use wider PTO bearings and are held in place with a steel ring.
* All aluminum extruded running board edges will be more aggressive.
* The Summit fixed high windshield will fit on the MXZ X package, with removal of the handguards.
* The heat exchangers have changed to full length in the rear and in the front they have 6mm more clearance around the newly shaped front exchanger. The protector strips are now directly over the guide clips and come at 2.2mm and are easily changed to taller ones for studding purposes. Remember we never say studding!
* All 1.25” and 1.75” models come standard with a bulkhead protector factory pre installed!! Now a dealer can save over 2 hours per vehicle in easily protecting a sled from studs, etc. Just flip up the flap, slide out the small protectors and slide in taller ones! Done deal!

NOTE : THE REP WE TALKED TO SAID THAT A BULLETIN IS COMMING OUT INSTRUCTING DEALERS TO REPLACE THE RINGS ON ALL 2003 600 HO''s WITH THE NEW 2004 STYLE UNDER WARRANTY...SOME HINTS WERE ALSO DROPED ABOUT EXTENDING THE ENGINE WARRANTY 1 FULL YEAR ON THESE SLEDS ! WE WILL POST MORE INFO AS WE GET IT !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
3 Posts
What do you think of that!!!!! :p SKI- DOO REALLY LISTENED TO IT'S CUSTOMERS AND IMPROVED THE 04 LINE-UP.......BY THE WAY GREAT WEBSIGHT!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yea but what about us 03 REV 800 riders??? That had the crank seal fail!!!What are they going to doo for us???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts