Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering from fellow riders,if polaris was too offer a new performance sled,what would you want, a 900 that performs like it should,a 155 hp 4 stroke in a std model ,or bring back a tripple 1000 cc area, polaris says they are not into high performance sleds as they only account for 2-3 % of sales,600cc is the target,but from what i see alot of previous xcr800, mach z, zrt owners are looking hard and buying apexs and mach z 1000s,seems to me polaris really needs to step it up or wake up, :div20: they seem to answer the call on the atv line and victory lines when the customer demands a change fast,but the sleds too me are kinda ,live with what you got ,when polaris sleds win a big race its all over the magazines ,but if they loose the say ,we are trail sleds and not race sled business,i just bugs me oh well ,thanks for your time and input :beerchug:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,462 Posts
Id love to see the triple come back , but they dont have the technology to build 1 that passes emission standards. So my answer would have to be a 900 that acts like a 900
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,876 Posts
It would be really cool to see that 750 turbo in a 440IQ chassis, but still, keep it simple and lightweight as possible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
709 Posts
Originally posted by XtremeXC@Oct 10 2005, 06:01 PM
It would be really cool to see that 750 turbo in a 440IQ chassis, but still, keep it simple and lightweight as possible.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=920397
[/quote]


I totally agree. I was hoping for something a little more exciting than the fst classic. Maybe next year?
 

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
Joined
·
15,148 Posts
Originally posted by rededgex800@Oct 10 2005, 06:12 PM
I totally agree. I was hoping for something a little more exciting than the fst classic. Maybe next year?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=920588
[/quote]

so was I. hp is easy for the factories to come by in a 4 stroke. making it light And durable is expensive
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
772 Posts
I would like to see a lightweight sled with a lightweight and responsive motor.
Whether it be 2 or 4 stroke I dont really care.
Honestly I expected something this year along the pro-x line. As good as the 600 ho or dragon sled is, it is no pro-x sled.
I fully expected a limited build IQ chassis sled with the 600 HO motor in it, and I still expect to see it before winter is over.
TR
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,230 Posts
600 ho CFI in the iq chassis :dunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
I would definitely look for something in the 700 2 stroke class (a true 700, not a 755!) lay-down engine config, fuel injected 140+ hp. Oh yeah, it would have to weigh less than the current 600's 477 lbs. Make it available as a regular performance line as well as a full on Pro-X model. What the heck, might as well put it out as a 500 and 600 as well.

For the lake guys they need to build a high (and I mean high) hp 4 stroke with the handling and ergos to compensate for the heavier sled.

If these sound like sleds other manufacturers are having success with that's no coincidence. At least Poo could compete across the board if they could produce something like 'em.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Originally posted by TRMOTORSPORTS@Oct 10 2005, 07:20 PM
I would like to see a lightweight sled with a lightweight and responsive motor.
Whether it be 2 or 4 stroke I dont really care.
Honestly I expected something this year along the pro-x line.  As good as the 600 ho or dragon sled is, it is no pro-x sled.
I fully expected a limited build IQ chassis sled with the 600 HO motor in it, and I still expect to see it before winter is over.
TR
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=920618
[/quote]
Have you looked at a dragon yet? what does the pro-x have that the dragon doesn't? Same rear suspension with some updated geometry. Walker evans all around, ditch banging front suspension, agressive chassis, hooks, better ergos. Sorry but i think the dragon is as good as a prox and maybe more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,903 Posts
Originally posted by Dragon Man@Oct 11 2005, 11:52 AM
Have you looked at a dragon yet?  what does the pro-x have that the dragon doesn't?  Same rear suspension with some updated geometry.  Walker evans all around, ditch banging front suspension, agressive chassis, hooks, better ergos.  Sorry but i think the dragon is as good as a prox and maybe more.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=922053
[/quote]



i think he's right :frech11: :frech11:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,076 Posts
I would like to have the straight bump ability of a Ski-Doo, the speed of an Artic Cat in relation to cc's, The fit, finish and look of a Yamaha, and the handling and reliability of pre-Fusion Polarises....All with the name Polaris on the side.

If that is too much to ask, give me a 1,000 cc triple triple in an edge chassis.

:div20:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
I am waiting for a new 4-stroke in the IQ 440 chassis. Polaris enginers listen up! Make a twin cyl., 850-1050cc, DOHC, around 120 HP, NO TURBO I want real thumper Horse power! You could start by borowing the the cyl. and heads off of the KTM 450 or 520 motocross bikes and make a rugged bottom end. O and use two FCR carbs and use lots of magneseum and Ti. :cn:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,927 Posts
Originally posted by bertram@Oct 11 2005, 06:27 PM
I am waiting for a new 4-stroke in the IQ 440 chassis. Polaris enginers listen up! Make a twin cyl., 850-1050cc, DOHC, around 120 HP, NO TURBO I want real thumper Horse power! You could start by borowing the the cyl. and heads off of the KTM 450 or 520 motocross bikes and make a rugged bottom end. O and use two FCR carbs and use lots of magneseum and Ti. :cn:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=922816
[/quote]
Keep dreamin about the 4 stroke in the IQ 440 chassis. Have you seen the engine bay in the yamaha 4 stroke pretty darn crowded and thats got a bigger bay. Yes its probably what some what but kind of defeats the purpose of the race chassis they are supposed to be light and powerful and easy to ditch bang with I'm not bashing but 4 strokes are heavy and definitly not easy to ditch bang with. :no_bashing:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Originally posted by braaap11889@Oct 11 2005, 06:19 PM
Keep dreamin about the 4 stroke in the IQ 440 chassis. Have you seen the engine bay in the yamaha 4 stroke pretty darn crowded and thats got a bigger bay. Yes its probably what some what but kind of defeats the purpose of the race chassis they are supposed to be light and powerful and easy to ditch bang with I'm not bashing but 4 strokes are heavy and definitly not easy to ditch bang with. :no_bashing:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=922921
[/quote]
I agree - big hp 4 strokes are for the near future gonna be heavy brutes with scary top end. Nuthin' wrong with a heavier sled, ya just can't expect it to be a sno Xer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
772 Posts
"""""Have you looked at a dragon yet? what does the pro-x have that the dragon doesn't? Same rear suspension with some updated geometry. Walker evans all around, ditch banging front suspension, agressive chassis, hooks, better ergos. Sorry but i think the dragon is as good as a prox and maybe more."""""


Yes I have looked at a dragon. I ordered one and didnt end up taking it.
I rode a Fusion 600 last fall for 80 miles and I was impressed. The power and suspension was awesome, but it was certainly no pro-x. Of course this wasnt the dragon, but honestly all the dragon has is walker evans and graphics. I realize the walker evans may make a difference, but ...........no pro-x.
It certainly is a great sled, I wish I could have gotten it, but I dont think it is a replacement for the pro-x. I guess I am still upset about polaris getting rid of the pro-x. I just want a super light mogul masher with stiff suspension and a quick motor.
Who knows if we will see it, I guess the market isnt that large for that type of sled.
TR
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Originally posted by braaap11889@Oct 11 2005, 06:19 PM
Keep dreamin about the 4 stroke in the IQ 440 chassis. Have you seen the engine bay in the yamaha 4 stroke pretty darn crowded and thats got a bigger bay. Yes its probably what some what but kind of defeats the purpose of the race chassis they are supposed to be light and powerful and easy to ditch bang with I'm not bashing but 4 strokes are heavy and definitly not easy to ditch bang with. :no_bashing:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=922921
[/quote]

Thats because all yamaha still has a huge long 4 cyl. engine. Like I said in my post It needs to be a TWIN!! Have you seen the new 4-stroke motocross bikes the are faster and smother than the two strokes. If the WSA has the same displacment advantege as the AMA then 4-strokes will be the the sled to be racing! You have to realize the 4-strokes that are out now are just the start of what you will see in a few years. 4-STROKES ARE THE FUTURE! :luxhello:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Originally posted by TRMOTORSPORTS@Oct 11 2005, 07:50 PM
"""""
Yes I have looked at a dragon. I ordered one and didnt end up taking it.
I rode a Fusion 600 last fall for 80 miles and I was impressed. The power and suspension was awesome, but it was certainly no pro-x. Of course this wasnt the dragon, but honestly all the dragon has is walker evans and graphics. I realize the walker evans may make a difference, but ...........no pro-x.
It certainly is a great sled, I wish I could have gotten it, but I dont think it is a replacement for the pro-x. I guess I am still upset about polaris getting rid of the pro-x. I just want a super light mogul masher with stiff suspension and a quick motor.
Who knows if we will see it, I guess the market isnt that large for that type of sled.
TR
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=922976
[/quote]As far as weight I think the dragon is a little lighter than the pro x (not sure). I guess i don't know what features the pro x has that the dragon doesn't that makes it better. I guess we will just have to wait for snow to really find out. Too bad you had to back out of the dragon, I have mine and it looks to me like it is going to be and awsome sled.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top