Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 850 Assault
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New for 2021 is the much anticipated 7” touchscreen 7S display! This thing is packed with features that we have been asking for!
New features include:
• Group Ride! Now you can link up with your friends while riding similar to the UTV crowd
• No cell service needed for group ride
• Auto dimming, no more adjusting brightness for day and night manually
• Back country guys now have TOPO capabilities!
• Configurable gauges to monitor vitals, choose which gauges you want view
• Smart Warmer technology

This is not an all inclusive list. I am going off memory here. I can update this list once we know all the new features. Let me tell you though this gauge is the new industry benchmark! The 7” screen is huge! The new PIDD is mounted at a nice height that gives good visibility without having to look over the bar riser like the previous models.

The new PIDD screen is configurable! You can choose which vitals you want to monitor on the display. You can pick four smaller gauges and one large. Choices include engine temp, fuel level, RPM, battery volts, altimeter, compass, odometer, trip meter, speedometer.

Smart Warmer technology is new for 21. This is controlled by the PIDD also. A temperature setting can be programmed into the PIDD and this temperature will be maintained at the hand grips while you ride. The new Smart Warmer technology will regulate each grip individually. If you have a strong cross wind the Smart Warmer will warm only the grip that is needed. How cool is that that! Pun intended.

This is only what I can remember from the test rides in January. I know there is other features I am forgetting. I will update as we learn more about the new PIDD. For know though, ask any questions. I’ll do my best to answer.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I have wondered outloud why Polaris wasn't offering their 7" Ride Command display from UTV's on snow. While I love the instrumentation and GPS on our General, this looks like a big improvement.

Instrumentation is one area where I think all manufacturers have lacked leadership or direction. When I saw Ski Doo's unveiling, I thought, "meh", Ride Command is still better. But, this is definitely better than either one. Good job, Polaris.

·
Premium Member
20 850 Assault
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wait until you see it in person! It is very nice! Industry leading!

·
Registered
958 Posts
I know a lot of people are thinking the huge display is a waste of their money, but I'm constantly looking at the Ride Command gauge on our General. Having GPS - no cell reception issues - plus engine info, speed, fuel, trip, etc. all in one screen is really useful. In 5 years, everyone who doubts they would ever use it will be wondering how they got by without it.

That goofy dial and button setup on Ski Doo's new gauge looks like a toy. It also appears that it depends heavily on cell reception, which is useless where I ride. Polaris does it way better.

·
Registered
884 Posts
If the new display can handle Topo maps, it doesn't seem like a far stretch to have the display support depth charts for ice fishers. The maps are all there, just have to team up with one of the chart providers. ...a guy can dream anyway.

Reactions: p51mstg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Can you update the 7S (software or maps) or upload tracks/waypoints over Bluetooth or do you still have to do it all over USB like it’s still 2001?

·
Premium Member
20 850 Assault
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure yet. It has Bluetooth connectivity. Might only be for music and messages.

·
Registered
36 Posts

here is a good video that goes over all the features. And looks like you now have optionto use bluetooth to transfer routes, waypoints, etc.

·
Registered
2012 Pro R Switchback
3,963 Posts
love these features, but looks like you'll be spending more time fooling around with the touch screen than riding! lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Is the 7" display with all the fancy electronics standard on all of the 2021 sleds, or only certain models? I've got a Voyageur on the way but nothing on the Polaris website seems to indicate what the readouts look like (even when doing the 3D build).

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I am curious what distance it can track other riders, 1/4 mile 1 mile 5 miles? Thats the feature that really intrigued me, as its advertised wireless? but doesnt really go in depth as to how. I agree with whats stated above, if you can upload depth charts or your own trails :love:

·
HCS Ambassador
2014 ZR8000lxr 19-20 mileage = 904.5
4,075 Posts
There's two specs I've read about. One is "in the woods" 1/4mi and the other in the "clear field areas" 1mi +. They should put warning beacons on that same frequency in the groomers. That would be a great way to warn of oncoming traffic.

Steve

·
Premium Member
20 850 Assault
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rzrs have had this for awhile now. Wonder how far it works for them?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Is the 7" display with all the fancy electronics standard on all of the 2021 sleds, or only certain models? I've got a Voyageur on the way but nothing on the Polaris website seems to indicate what the readouts look like (even when doing the 3D build).
Only the sleds with the new Matryx chassis/bodywork. Voyager is Axys, you could still upgrade to the current PIDD display.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts