Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend was a little harsh on the new plastic with the crappy trails and the debris flying from them. What has everyone been doing to was/polish this new plasic that if you look at it funny seems to tarnish. I know you ATV guys have been dealing with this for quite sometime...

·
Registered
538 Posts
We (ATV guys) use Futura floor wax on the color impregnated parts. Plastic must be clean and WARM. You will need a 3" polyfoam brush and a little patience but the results are actually surprisingly good. Practice on a scrap of something prior to doing anything to your hood, you will want long even strokes and try not to overlap them. The shine lasts a few weeks and hides any major flaws, it all protects against any further scratches and can be removed with rubbing alcohol. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
There is an Arctic Cat brand polish out there thats made for their plastics and windshields. It shines, protects and gets rid of minor scratches.

I put a coat on my F8 and it looks really good. shines and makes a nice smooth, slippery surface too so dirt won't stick on.

I'm going to try it on my ATV windshield in a few days. This will test how well it removes those minor scratches. I'll reply to this topic after I try it to let you know how it works.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.