Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just release our new thinner base gaskets for the laydown motors, also have them for the 800 and 900 twin Arctic Cats. $12.99. This is a cheap way to gain some compression without grinding. .004 thinner than the stock gaskets. Pm or call for info. Racin' Station 208-354-2777 :div20:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No race gas is required. We have found that they hold up as good or better than factory, they are paper so you want to be careful not to rip them on the studs or something, but they work great. We also do regular thickness gaskets in paper. I have seen some guys with sealing problems on there bottom ends due to dings or scratches on the cases and these paper type gaskets seal them right up.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Any dino numbers??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, it does lower the port timing. More low end grunt. Remember, it is a small change, with small gains.

·
Premium Member
2,611 Posts
i would say 93 would be fine..its a small change in compression.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
93 will be fine. 91 for 5000 ft and above, but I would run the best gas available at any elevation even with a totally stock sled.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Wouldn't you want a thicker base gasket and then cut the head for more port timing not less? I'm confused I think?? The ZRT 6's worked great with adding to the base gasket, not removing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Your theory holds true for that model. By adding base gasket material you would take away compression, bottom end, and a bit of grunt and get harder pull on the top, less compression, more top.

The thinner base gasket would give you a bit more snap, but take some legs away on the top. It is not a port job, or pipes, just a little mod that can help you out.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
So your saying quicker not faster, right? Ok

1 - 15 of 15 Posts