Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help, The SLP's I have I know make power, but if the ECU and the
Boondocker is set up for around 7800rpm am I pissing in the wind
trying to run the 82-8300 that I am trying to spin it to (pipes)?????
Its on a 03 F8 Galloway Kit, that made real good power with the single
pipe but pulling my hair out with the Twins and now the fix it all
Boon Docker Box. On the Grass with the Single it has ran in the
5.40's with the Twins best yet 5.60's. Granted not a hard clay track
but if it is a programming thing doesn't matter if it 60fts hard if its laying
down up top.
Help....

·
Registered
699 Posts
I thought all the boxes went higher rpm now. I rode one of Carls F8 kits a lot last winter with twin SLP and it ripped..... I will say we had to work hard at the clutching to get it where it needed to be before it started to run...... We spun that sled 82-83 with a psi bump and an inline jet.

·
Registered
810 Posts
How's your sled coming out of the hole?...If its picking up the ski's too much and slamming back down it will drop your rpm's adding to your problems with it laying down up top. Since your sled's an F8 maybe you could try and get the fuel numbers from the boondockers box that other people are running with their F8's (any brand). Maybe even try the specs SLP tells people to run with those pipes on F7's then add fuel from there. Good luck.

·
Registered
728 Posts
if the boondocker doesn't have settings for 4000, 6500, 7200, 7800 and 8100 it will need to be updated. you can send it back to boondocker and they will reprogram it for you. then you can adjust fuel all the way to over 8100 rpm

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just got the box two weeks ago from boondocker.and needs to be reprogramed already?

·
Registered
689 Posts
I think thundercat has the dynotech program in his box. I am sending mine in to get that program put in. They will do it for free, just pay for shipping. I'm not sure what the D&D program is like.

·
Premium Member
2,611 Posts
My box from Bikeman is programed up to 8700rpm!!

·
Registered
2,961 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
:dunno: Why not the same???????????

·
Registered
2,961 Posts

·
Registered